Applying for a second term H1 b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for a second term H1 b

My H1 expired on Jan - 3 - 2013, and i left the US on Jan - 1 - 2013 to start the 1 yr cooling period that is required for me to enter the US again on a new H1.
    I'd like to know if my employer must wait for the same 1 year (until Jan - 4 - 2014) to start a new H1 petition or the petition can be filed in the 2013 quota itself but I would have to wait until Jan 2014 to enter the US.

Similarly I'd also like to know about any limitations towards starting a new L1 for me

Originally posted by kumarraja.ak View Post
    My H1 expired on Jan - 3 - 2013, and i left the US on Jan - 1 - 2013 to start the 1 yr cooling period that is required for me to enter the US again on a new H1.
    I'd like to know if my employer must wait for the same 1 year (until Jan - 4 - 2014) to start a new H1 petition or the petition can be filed in the 2013 quota itself but I would have to wait until Jan 2014 to enter the US.

Similarly I'd also like to know about any limitations towards starting a new L1 for me
    In order to get fresh 6 Years on H1 your employer can apply for H1B only after 01-Jan-2014. In most likelihood the quota would be over way before that, and the next year quota will open only on 01-April 2014 and the start date can only be 01-Oct-2014 or later.

You certainly can also try for processing L1B, if you are eligible, on or after 01-Jan-2014.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X