Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsoring workpermit (H1B) when no quota available? Ref : January 2013

Hello,

I am wondering to know, if any organization can sponsor work permit (H1B only not L1) to someone, even when there is now quota available (I am referring to apply in January 2013). As far as I know, H1B has a cap of 65000 per year (assuming quota opening in 2012 April for year 2013) which already got depleted in July / August 2012 (not sure of the month though).

I got few calls from agencies, proposing to apply for work permit and hire immediately (I am talking about Fortune 15 companies here). I am not sure if this is possible, as the agencies didn't inform me of all details.

Once my friend told me that, it’s possible for big organization can apply for Pre-Approved H1B earlier (when H1B visas available and without any name of the consultant) and then they can hire people even when H1B quota over. Is this true? I am completely confused, as someone told me this possible only for L1 not for H1B. Could someone please clarify on this? Thanks in advance.

Thank You.

Sardaar.

Originally posted by sardaarji View Post
    Hello,

I am wondering to know, if any organization can sponsor work permit (H1B only not L1) to someone, even when there is now quota available (I am referring to apply in January 2013). As far as I know, H1B has a cap of 65000 per year (assuming quota opening in 2012 April for year 2013) which already got depleted in July / August 2012 (not sure of the month though).

I got few calls from agencies, proposing to apply for work permit and hire immediately (I am talking about Fortune 15 companies here). I am not sure if this is possible, as the agencies didn't inform me of all details.

Once my friend told me that, it’s possible for big organization can apply for Pre-Approved H1B earlier (when H1B visas available and without any name of the consultant) and then they can hire people even when H1B quota over. Is this true? I am completely confused, as someone told me this possible only for L1 not for H1B. Could someone please clarify on this? Thanks in advance.

Thank You.

Sardaar.
    I dont know from where your friend heard such stories. Every petition is tied to a particular person. One cant have blanket petition filed for H1B.

L1B are different category of visas where its intra company transfer example Company ABC has office in US and wants a person working in a Subsidiary/Parent of ABC outside US wants to bring the person in US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X