opt to h1b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opt to h1b

I have a question that my opt will end on January 28th,2014 and my employer is ready to file h1b for me so, can anybody tell me that when I should apply for my h1-b application

You can apply for your H1b in 2014 quota that starts from April 1st 2013
    Originally posted by naveenkumar200880 View Post
    I have a question that my opt will end on January 28th,2014 and my employer is ready to file h1b for me so, can anybody tell me that when I should apply for my h1-b application
    Last edited by hawkeye13; 01-28-2013, 10:39 AM.
    Track 221g / administrative processing cases at one place -- Register at http://www.immihelp.com/tracker/221g-tracker

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeye13 View Post
      You can apply for your H1b in 2014 quota that starts from April 1st 2013. Ask your immigration lawyer to put h1b start date as your OPT end date. So that you can utilize full of your OPT and (also maximum tax benefit ).
      Your employer needs to file on Apr 1. But they cannot request a start date which is more than 6 months in future like the above suggests. They can only ask for Oct 1. If you want to utilize full OPT period, they will need to file without change of status and you will then need to separately change status before OPT ends. But I will advise not going that route a for a few months. Just apply with change of status.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X