Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Urgent guidance - Is there a change in H4 Visa process recently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Urgent guidance - Is there a change in H4 Visa process recently?

Hi,

I am the primary ( H1) applicant and have my I-129 approved. I am going to the Visa Interview ( in India ) for the first time. I would also like to take my dependents for the Visa Stamping/Interview along with me. I was told by Stanley, the new consultants handling Visa operations, that there is a recent change in the process and now even dependents ( i.e H4 candidates ) should have an approved H4 petition before they appear for the interview. This is what they told me:

1. Each of the family members ( including primary applicant ) will fill separate DS-160.
    2. The DS-160 confirmation numbers of the family members should be added by the primary applicant in his profile on http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in
    3. A common fee receipt would be generated for the family and then I can make an appointment for the Interview.

I am very much confused as this seems to be a very recent development. Whereas, my employer in US is denying such a change and is very confident that nothing of that sort is introduced.

Can anyone help me?
    1. Is an approved H4 petition also needed for the dependents who would be attending the Visa Interview along with the primary ( H1) applicant?
    2. Do I fill seperate DS-160s for each of the family members?

Originally posted by ramarajuv View Post
    Hi,

I am the primary ( H1) applicant and have my I-129 approved. I am going to the Visa Interview ( in India ) for the first time. I would also like to take my dependents for the Visa Stamping/Interview along with me. I was told by Stanley, the new consultants handling Visa operations, that there is a recent change in the process and now even dependents ( i.e H4 candidates ) should have an approved H4 petition before they appear for the interview. This is what they told me:

1. Each of the family members ( including primary applicant ) will fill separate DS-160.
    2. The DS-160 confirmation numbers of the family members should be added by the primary applicant in his profile on http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in
    3. A common fee receipt would be generated for the family and then I can make an appointment for the Interview.

I am very much confused as this seems to be a very recent development. Whereas, my employer in US is denying such a change and is very confident that nothing of that sort is introduced.

Can anyone help me?
    1. Is an approved H4 petition also needed for the dependents who would be attending the Visa Interview along with the primary ( H1) applicant?
    2. Do I fill seperate DS-160s for each of the family members?
    DS - 160 and petition are two different things.

It was always required to have separate DS 160s.

I havent heard of H4 petition. but you can chat with VFS people at ustraveldocs.com/in -> contact us

2. Do I fill seperate DS-160s for each of the family members?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Whenever you get ready to take appointment at Consulate you can mention all of your family members at (ustraveldocs.com/in).
    Track 221g / administrative processing cases at one place -- Register at http://www.immihelp.com/tracker/221g-tracker

Comment

Thank you haweye.

Even my employer in US says that a H4 petition approval was never asked until now when an H1 applicant takes there dependents for the interview. But I have spoken to the Stanley people ( ustraveldocs ) and they have told me that thisi is new change in process. The fact that they haven't updated the same on their website anywhere makes things compliated for me.

Comment

hi i just spoke to the stanley people and they say there is a i797 for h4 which we should request the petitioner to issue one. This is something which is very new..i was planning for h4 stamping in feb.. this is frustrating to know this new rule at the last minute.. i am not even sure how long they will take to process the i797. and they say they will update their site soon...

has anyone gone for h4 stamping recently please share their experience

Comment

Originally posted by net2013 View Post
          hi i just spoke to the stanley people and they say there is a i797 for h4 which we should request the petitioner to issue one. This is something which is very new..i was planning for h4 stamping in feb.. this is frustrating to know this new rule at the last minute.. i am not even sure how long they will take to process the i797. and they say they will update their site soon...

has anyone gone for h4 stamping recently please share their experience
          That has irked me too ... not updating yet on their website. However, I have no time to wait for H4 petition or i797 according to new process and have decided to take my family along for the interview. Will try my luck. However, if anyone has attended the H4 interview please let us know if there is indeed any change in the process.

Comment

hi ramaraju

please let me know when is ur interview and also share your visa interview experience too. i am going for h4 stamping alone this time.

Comment

I just checked with my husband's employers lawyers. They said they are up to date with the information and spouses do not require their own i797, i got this information from a reputed immigration law firm. Not sure why the US travel docs is misleading us this way. UStravel docs even told that it is not possible to go for stamping without i797 for h4..
              Last edited by net2013; 01-30-2013, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by net2013 View Post
                I just checked with my husband's employers lawyers. They said they are up to date with the information and spouses do not require their own i797, i got this information from a reputed immigration law firm. Not sure why the US travel docs is misleading us this way. UStravel docs even told that it is not possible to go for stamping without i797 for h4..
                Sure, I will let you know my experience.

My employer too has told that they are not aware of any such change and has suggested to take my family i.e wife/kid along to the interview. We can always defend with the consulate officer that there is no such 'process change' mentioned on the website. In fact, I don't have a choice either. My employer has told that the new process, if has to be fulfilled, will take lot of time and at this point have no other choice than attending the interview with family. We are confused because we called Stanely guys ... what about the people who haven't !!!. So sometimes being over-cautious adds to our woes.
                Last edited by ramarajuv; 01-31-2013, 12:45 AM.

Comment

There is no such change. The document processing service is clearly getting confused between DS 160 Visa application which needs to be filled by each and every applicant and the H1 petition (I-129) which is filed by the employer. You should contact the US Consulate directly by email, (something like mumbainiv at state dot gov or nivmumbai at state dot gov).
                  This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Is there a change in H4 Visa process recently?

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
                    There is no such change. The document processing service is clearly getting confused between DS 160 Visa application which needs to be filled by each and every applicant and the H1 petition (I-129) which is filed by the employer. You should contact the US Consulate directly by email, (something like mumbainiv at state dot gov or nivmumbai at state dot gov).
                    Can someone please let me know if the recent process change (that Stanley recommends us to do for H4) is really true? I've called them recently and I was surprised to hear this new change in the Visa processing for H4.

If anyone has recently attended H4 (after Jan 31, 2013), please let me know if the new process has already been implemented (or) not.

Thanks in Advance!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X