X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT Help!!! -L1 to H1 - Premium Processing

Hi Friends,

Here is my situation.

1) Employer A filed L1-B to L1-A Extension/Conversion and its denied on Jan 23rd 2013 ( Yet to know the denial notice). Employer is not gonna appeal it. My current I-94/Visa expires by Feb 25th 2013.

2) I Found Employer B, who is ready to to L1B-H1B (Not sure whether its "Change of Status" or new H1-Petition), as long back I had H1 (2008-2010),he will do premium processing.

Questions:

1) If I start this process and leave the country, will this process still be active?

2) How soon to get approval from USCIS on L1-H1 in Premium processing,If my employer files the petition on 2/11.

3) What is the % of approval for L1-H1 in Premium Processing? Will I get it?

4) Can I start this fresh H1 process from India once I land there and come back before Oct?

Time is running, just 25 days,so pls suggest me, What should I do be in USA or come back sooner by Apr? Help me Friends!!!!!!

Originally posted by ahamed_123 View Post
    Hi Friends,

Here is my situation.

1) Employer A filed L1-B to L1-A Extension/Conversion and its denied on Jan 23rd 2013 ( Yet to know the denial notice). Employer is not gonna appeal it. My current I-94/Visa expires by Feb 25th 2013.

2) I Found Employer B, who is ready to to L1B-H1B (Not sure whether its "Change of Status" or new H1-Petition), as long back I had H1 (2008-2010),he will do premium processing.

Questions:

1) If I start this process and leave the country, will this process still be active?

2) How soon to get approval from USCIS on L1-H1 in Premium processing,If my employer files the petition on 2/11.

3) What is the % of approval for L1-H1 in Premium Processing? Will I get it?

4) Can I start this fresh H1 process from India once I land there and come back before Oct?

Time is running, just 25 days,so pls suggest me, What should I do be in USA or come back sooner by Apr? Help me Friends!!!!!!
    1. If you file COS and leave the country before COS approval then the COS is technically considered abandoned. When you are in US only then you have an immigrant status once you are out, no status, so no Change Of Status.

2,If no RFE you might get it within 15-20 days of filing if filed under premium.

3. No one is tracking or has that data. One cannot predict the outcome of your visa interview either. If your H1 employer is genuine I dont see any issue.

4. Yes you can.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thx Raghvi,

So you mean to say, I can very well start the process by March from india and get it stamped and come back to USA by Apr?

Remember,After 2/25, I will not have any VISA,so this will be fresh entry into USA using H1.

Can you pls confirm it?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X