H1b Visa transfer and green card with 3 years non-technical bachelor degree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Visa transfer and green card with 3 years non-technical bachelor degree

I am very new to the visa issues. Therefore, please pardon me for asking stupid questions.

I am a software developer with 10 years of relevant experience. I have 10+2+3 degree in a non-computer science/non-IT field. I am working for a leading Indian IT company (which has huge presence in USA) and came to USA in April 2011 with H1B visa. I have been offered a job in another US company as a permanent employee. Although I have the facts about my degree in my resume, I just wanted to understand the following :-

a) Would there be any problem in transferring the visa because of my degree?
    b) Would there be any problem in applying for the green card because of my degree? Which category the company can apply the green card for - EB2/EB3?
    c) If I take up a 2 years diploma course in Computer science/IT, would that make up for my 3 years degree?

Thanks a lot for the help,
    Ashish

Originally posted by ashishmgupta View Post
    I am very new to the visa issues. Therefore, please pardon me for asking stupid questions.

I am a software developer with 10 years of relevant experience. I have 10+2+3 degree in a non-computer science/non-IT field. I am working for a leading Indian IT company (which has huge presence in USA) and came to USA in April 2011 with H1B visa. I have been offered a job in another US company as a permanent employee. Although I have the facts about my degree in my resume, I just wanted to understand the following :-

a) Would there be any problem in transferring the visa because of my degree?
    b) Would there be any problem in applying for the green card because of my degree? Which category the company can apply the green card for - EB2/EB3?
    c) If I take up a 2 years diploma course in Computer science/IT, would that make up for my 3 years degree?

Thanks a lot for the help,
    Ashish
    a. No your degree will not be an issue for transfer.
    b. You dont qualify for EB2. EB2 requires at least US bachelor's equivalent. Get your education evaluation done to confirm.
    c.I doubt.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X