X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filing both H1 & L1

Hi All,

Would like to undertsand and seek guidance on the below

I had applied for the L1A blanket in Dec 2012 which was rejected. The Employeer have now applied for L1A individual (Premium) which is pending decision from USCI, We have received RFE which would be reverted with anytime now.

Now that the H1 window would open in March / April. Can my Employer apply / nomonate me for the H1 at this point of time ?

Regards,

Originally posted by VBM View Post
    Hi All,

Would like to undertsand and seek guidance on the below

I had applied for the L1A blanket in Dec 2012 which was rejected. The Employeer have now applied for L1A individual (Premium) which is pending decision from USCI, We have received RFE which would be reverted with anytime now.

Now that the H1 window would open in March / April. Can my Employer apply / nomonate me for the H1 at this point of time ?

Regards,
    Yes your employer can file for your H1B petition too. Both H1 and L1 will be considered separate applications/petitions. Also, you need to realize that L1 A and H1 B are meant for different purposes. But nonetheless, if your L1A blanket was already rejected, H1B has higher chances of success than L1A Individual. But H1B can start only from 01-Oct-2013 or later.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Yes your employer can file for your H1B petition too. Both H1 and L1 will be considered separate applications/petitions. Also, you need to realize that L1 A and H1 B are meant for different purposes. But nonetheless, if your L1A blanket was already rejected, H1B has higher chances of success than L1A Individual. But H1B can start only from 01-Oct-2013 or later.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks for you help...I agree that the purposes are defferent, wanted to seek clarification / guidance.

I have left another thread in

"L visa (L1 L2) with the title " L1 A Individual Petition post blanket" to seek your guidance, can you please provide your comment

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X