Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Background Verification Process

Hi all,

My employer is planning to apply H1B this year. I have lost my passport recently and applied for a new one, which am expecting to get by this month. Because I lost my passport, will that affect the time to approve my H1 petition? What does the embassy verify before accepting a petition?

Please kindly help.
    Warm Regards

Originally posted by Vinesh Rupen View Post
    Hi all,

My employer is planning to apply H1B this year. I have lost my passport recently and applied for a new one, which am expecting to get by this month. Because I lost my passport, will that affect the time to approve my H1 petition? What does the embassy verify before accepting a petition?

Please kindly help.
    Warm Regards
    Not at all. The embassy will not verify anything, other than if your passport is genuine or not, or if you have a criminal record, which you have explained in DS 160. They do not verify **** experiences also.
    To answer your other question, just dont worry about that company which was closed. No body will verify. I work with hundreds of worthless people who used to work for companies which got closed just relax and come to this great land of opportunities.
    This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X