Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Validity of visa stamping in the extension period

Hi,
    I applied for my H1B visa extension last year September, which got approved in December. My wife and son travelled back to India in November for vacation when my visa extension was in progress. Since my visa extension is approved now she is planning to go for visa stamping in first week of March before travelling to US by June end. I would like to ask
    1. Is there any specific number of days/months that you can stay outside US after your extension is approved? She will be in India for around 7 months by the time she returns back to US, will this create any problem?
    2. If she gets her stamping done in first week of March, does she have to travel to US within say 'x' days ?

Thanks,
    Jaymin

Originally posted by RituJay View Post
    Hi,
    I applied for my H1B visa extension last year September, which got approved in December. My wife and son travelled back to India in November for vacation when my visa extension was in progress. Since my visa extension is approved now she is planning to go for visa stamping in first week of March before travelling to US by June end. I would like to ask
    1. Is there any specific number of days/months that you can stay outside US after your extension is approved? She will be in India for around 7 months by the time she returns back to US, will this create any problem?
    2. If she gets her stamping done in first week of March, does she have to travel to US within say 'x' days ?

Thanks,
    Jaymin
    1. No issues. She can go for stamping as long as petition is valid.
    2. No issues. She can travel as long as visa is valid.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. No issues. She can go for stamping as long as petition is valid.
      2. No issues. She can travel as long as visa is valid.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks for the prompt reply

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X