Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Interview Feb 5 Issued White 221(g) - Science Field

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday I had a VISA interview (I am on second 3 year period) for stamping in Hyderabad. I have been in US for 5 years. I have a Master Degree in Organic Chemistry in India. Worked for 3 pharma companies in 5 yrs.

VO asked the following questions:

What does the company YYYY XX do?
    What are your responsibilities?
    Why you have a B1 Visa? I explained that when I was working for YYYY company in India they wanted to send me to US to one of YYYY facilities.
    What degree you have? Told him a Masters Degree.
    Major? I said Chemistry.
    He said OK.
    Do you work in a lab or with computer? I said "a bit of both, and explained briefly what type of work I do". He nodded.

Then he issued a white 221(g) form and asked me to wait for the email.
    I asked if he has any idea how long the processing may take.
    He said "not sure. Should be about 2 weeks. Not sure."
    Here I kinda gotta sense that it should be fast.

The same thing happened in 2007. When I was applying for B1 VISA the VO asked me about my qualification and issued me a 221(g) then Issued the VISA I guess in a 3 week period. It was in Chennai. After, I applied for H1B within a month and I received it. No problems.

I came home checked the email. The email is waiting for me in the mailbox. I replied this morning with all answers and supporting documents.

After researching a bit I came to know about this TAL check. In this they kinda check for my background. And Chemistry is one of the sensitive field of courses.
    For the past month or so, I was caught in what can be called an (unnecessarily) anxious wait for my US visa. I was offered a post-doc at the...

Pls let me know if anybody was in similar situation and approx. how long it may take to hear from the consulate.

Thanks.

221g white paper

Hi Vamshi,

I am in same boat too but the field is different. its been 50 days since i attended interview at Hyd consulate, issued 221g- admin processing, no update as of now.
    hope all our cases will resolve soon.

Please follow below thread for more info.

Originally posted by Vamshii View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Yesterday I had a VISA interview (I am on second 3 year period) for stamping in Hyderabad. I have been in US for 5 years. I have a Master Degree in Organic Chemistry in India. Worked for 3 pharma companies in 5 yrs.

VO asked the following questions:

What does the company YYYY XX do?
    What are your responsibilities?
    Why you have a B1 Visa? I explained that when I was working for YYYY company in India they wanted to send me to US to one of YYYY facilities.
    What degree you have? Told him a Masters Degree.
    Major? I said Chemistry.
    He said OK.
    Do you work in a lab or with computer? I said "a bit of both, and explained briefly what type of work I do". He nodded.

Then he issued a white 221(g) form and asked me to wait for the email.
    I asked if he has any idea how long the processing may take.
    He said "not sure. Should be about 2 weeks. Not sure."
    Here I kinda gotta sense that it should be fast.

The same thing happened in 2007. When I was applying for B1 VISA the VO asked me about my qualification and issued me a 221(g) then Issued the VISA I guess in a 3 week period. It was in Chennai. After, I applied for H1B within a month and I received it. No problems.

I came home checked the email. The email is waiting for me in the mailbox. I replied this morning with all answers and supporting documents.

After researching a bit I came to know about this TAL check. In this they kinda check for my background. And Chemistry is one of the sensitive field of courses.
    For the past month or so, I was caught in what can be called an (unnecessarily) anxious wait for my US visa. I was offered a post-doc at the...

Pls let me know if anybody was in similar situation and approx. how long it may take to hear from the consulate.

Thanks.
    Reddy

Comment

50 days? wow.

Yeah. I read that thread. Thanks.
      Btw did the VO give you the passport back? or kept with him?

In my case he kept with him.

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
      Hi Vamshi,

I am in same boat too but the field is different. its been 50 days since i attended interview at Hyd consulate, issued 221g- admin processing, no update as of now.
      hope all our cases will resolve soon.

Please follow below thread for more info.

http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showth...1g-white-paper

Comment

221g white paper

Hi Vamshi,

he kept our passports with him (H1 and H4).
        still waiting for passports at least.

Originally posted by Vamshii View Post
        50 days? wow.

Yeah. I read that thread. Thanks.
        Btw did the VO give you the passport back? or kept with him?

In my case he kept with him.
        Reddy

Comment

Hi Vinay,

How are things going? Did you hear from the consulate?

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
          Hi Vamshi,

he kept our passports with him (H1 and H4).
          still waiting for passports at least.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X