Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with I94

Hi

I have done my masters in USA and started working. Last year my employer (One of MNC's from India) has filed my H1B petition and got it approved, once I received the approval notice it is I797B without I94. And then I questioned the employer and they said I can go for visa stamping with I797B. In Dec 2012 I went to India for visa stamping and got it stamped without any issues. I returned to USA on 31st Dec 2012 and got a new I94.

Today I received another email from the employer that the request they made to correct I797B to I797A has been approved and it is I797A with a new I94. The new I94 received had the I94 number same as the one which I surrendered to Immigration officer while I was leaving to India.

Both the petitions I797B and I797A have different receipt WAC number on it.

I am confused now, which I94 is currently valid and is there a way to know what petition is valid now. It would be really appreciated if anyone can give me suggestions.

Thanks
    Raj

That is fine. Both I-94's will have the same expiry date anyway, right? The last action will determine the I-94 number, but it does not make a lot of difference.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X