Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h4 to f1 and h4 to h1b

Hi

My h1b will be filed in this April(2013) and I am getting married in December (2013).

My wife will come here on dependent visa but immediately in Fall i.e. Fall 2014 we plan to start her education. So my first question is - is H4 to F1 a possible option? I came across few posts and found that its possible but I have heard that recently the overall rules have become stricter so I just want to make sure.

2) considering she is on F1 here (changed from H4) will there be any problem for her to find a job later? Or this F1 will be treated like any other F1 who are not changed from H4.

3) Instead of going through all the hassle of studying here to find a job if we manage to get a job based on her education in India, how hard is it to change from H4 to H1b? Also I don't know if its right or wrong but I have also heard that changing directly from H4 to H1b may also affect my h1b status. How true is that? Is there any restriction on such H4 to H1b COS?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Is this your first H1? If yes, it will be effective from Oct 1 or later, so she cannot get H4 before that.
    H4 to F1 or H4 to H1 will not be a problem.

Comment

ok. Thanks a lot

Comment

I had another question related to this.
        If I get my h1b stamped just few days before appearing for the h4 visa interview for my wife will there be any problem ? I mean is there any recommended amount of time after stamping h1b to go for h4 visa interview .

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X