Visa approved but administrative processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tia View Post
    Mine is the same case. I appeared for H1B visa appointment along with my wife (H4) on Feb 21st in the Hyderabad Consulate. The interview was for about a minute and the officer kept both of our passports. Later when i checked the status it is showing as "administrative processing". The officer did not tell me anything about my visa not being approved. He did not provide any instructions nor provide a slip for 221G . I don't know how to proceed further. Let me know if any of you hear back from the consulate. How are you guys planning to proceed ?
    TIA whats the update on your case?? Please explain what happened in your case.
    Thanks

Comment

Worried about Adminstrative Processing

Hi Guys

I had my Visa Interview for H1b on 8th Jan 2015
      VO told that my Visa is Approved, No Slips Issued

I am still waiting for my Passport. On 13th jan Status have changed from AP--> Ready and then to AP
      Any guess when can i expect my PP

Thanks

Comment

Visa approved but still adiminstrative Process

I attended visa interview in Hyderabad consulate on JAN 30th/2015
        The VO said everything looks fine and visa is approved.NO Slips issued.
        But checking in ceac the status it is still in administrative processing. "AP" status for 5 days.
        Did anyone experience this in Hyderabad consulate ? Any suggestion about what I can do about this?
        Last edited by [email protected]; 02-03-2015, 10:01 PM.

Comment

L1A Approved but Admin Processing

Hi All,

Today I have attended interview in US Consulate Ottawa. Visa Officer has put stamp on all three petitions and crock checked Managerial Capacity approved box.
          After some time when I checked the status - Its says your case is in Administrative processing.

VO asked multiple questions ;at end check pay stubs and asked did you travel in Nov/Dec to any where within united states. I said no after that VO put some 2-3 minutes in typing and checking some details.

Am working for same company and got L1B from same consulate some time 2 years back. Guys share your experiences. This thing has put me in trouble...

Any suggestions and experience sharing would be highly appreciated ...

Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by sacnov View Post
            Hi All,

Today I have attended interview in US Consulate Ottawa. Visa Officer has put stamp on all three petitions and crock checked Managerial Capacity approved box.
            After some time when I checked the status - Its says your case is in Administrative processing.

VO asked multiple questions ;at end check pay stubs and asked did you travel in Nov/Dec to any where within united states. I said no after that VO put some 2-3 minutes in typing and checking some details.

Am working for same company and got L1B from same consulate some time 2 years back. Guys share your experiences. This thing has put me in trouble...

Any suggestions and experience sharing would be highly appreciated ...

Sandy
            Hi Sandy,
            Very strange. I also had my interview in Ottawa consulate at the exact same day (Wed 2/11) and got adminstrative processing.
            I was very furstrated because the VO never told me about any AP. The interview took about 1 minute and he told me everything is great, handed me a piece if paper and yeld NEXT.
            When I got out and read the paper it says.
            "Is your VISA been approved? Please check the status here (link) to see when your document is ready to pick up.
            So I assumed I got immediate approval. When I checked the link it was saying no-status for about 3 hours then changed to adminstrative processing.
            The good news is the adminstrative processing ended and the VISA has been issued in less the 24 hours.
            I picked up my passport Friday morning ( 2 days after the interview).
            Did you get your VISA yet??

Comment

Passport sent to the embassy. How long do we have to wait till visas approval??

Hi to all, i wanted to ask if anyone knows how long does my girl have to wait or what's the next step. She had her enterview last year. March 7 2014. And had her I 601 approved March 17 2015. And she was asked for new doctor exams and birth sertificate and police report. She sent those may 12 2015. Her passport was requested may 19. She sent it same day. Now CEAC status shows and been showing from May 12 AP. ..Now we wander what's next? Can anybody help or had same case. She is an unmerried daughter of a U.S. Resident. ( at the time of petition, now citizen) this is in El Salvador by the way.
              Last edited by Sergio Mejia; 06-06-2015, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Visa Approved but status shows Admin processing: Relax !!

Hello,

It takes embassy 1 day to update online status of Visa. So if you immediately go and check your Visa status after the interview it will 100% show Administraive processing. But the next working day status will change to issued.
                So relax, your visa is approved, dont panic like I did by checking the status the same day and brought un-necessary trouble.

Thanks !!

Comment

Visa approved, status A/P

Originally posted by Kaps007 View Post
                  Hello,

It takes embassy 1 day to update online status of Visa. So if you immediately go and check your Visa status after the interview it will 100% show Administraive processing. But the next working day status will change to issued.
                  So relax, your visa is approved, dont panic like I did by checking the status the same day and brought un-necessary trouble.

Thanks !!
                  I hope it's so Kaps007 for our case!

I have an approved (and stamped) L1 visa. My wife went for her interview today (Tuesday, Aug 25) with 3 applications for the children (children did not go for interview as it was not required). A few standard questions, and VO congratulates my wife and says the passport can be picked in 3-5 days. Out of curiosity, I checked the status online and it shows A/P, even for the children.

Visa interview date: Aug 25.
                  Update date: Aug 25; A/P.

Comment

Originally posted by rkpingu View Post
                    I hope it's so Kaps007 for our case!

I have an approved (and stamped) L1 visa. My wife went for her interview today (Tuesday, Aug 25) with 3 applications for the children (children did not go for interview as it was not required). A few standard questions, and VO congratulates my wife and says the passport can be picked in 3-5 days. Out of curiosity, I checked the status online and it shows A/P, even for the children.

Visa interview date: Aug 25.
                    Update date: Aug 25; A/P.
                    Hi All,

I visited the New Delhi US consulate on August 24th with my family. After a minute of interview, Visa Officer told me that she is approving the visa but there was a technical glitch due to which my fingerprints are not showing up in the system. She advised that I may or may not have to provide fingerprints again. There was NO SLIP given to us.

Now after 2 days, my status is still showing as "Administrative Processing". Calling the helpdesk is not of great help as they give generic info to wait for 60 days.

Anyone who is facing the same issue?

21 Aug : Biometrics @ OFC New Delhi
                    24 Aug : Interview at Consulate
                    25 Aug : Status showing as Administrative Processing.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
                    Udit

Comment

Hi all,

I know that all i can do is wait, but i want to know if anyone has the same situation as mine.

I applied for H1B while i was still in the US, and I got selected and approved in the US, but the officer told me that I have to go back to my country to meet the councilor to change my status, that is back in August 2015. In Sept 11th i met the councilor in my country, and like many of you, he said they have everything and it is approved in few minutes, and then let me go. On Sept 14th, my status updated to admin processing, and until today Nov 22nd, it is still AP. I contacted the office twice, but they gave me auto-reply, and my lawyer said that he will submit letter to the admin office to ask after i waited for 60 days.

I wonder why it takes so long to process it, as i have studied high school, undergrad and got my master in the US. I also completed my one year OPT after that, so they must have checked my stuff more than 3 times already, and yet it still take them so long to process things. I mean which company will offer you a job and wait for you for more than two months? this is totally messing up people's life.

Comment

K1 Visa- Administrative Processing

Hello all,

I have applied for my fiance for a K1 visa and she had her interview in Abu Dhabi, UAE on October 26, 2015. According to https://ceac.state.gov/ , her status was updated twice, once on October 27th and another time on November 5th. What do these updates mean? How long does the AP time typically takes for a K1 visa. She has traveled to US multiple times on Tourist visas and only once she had to wait for a AP which was approved after 6 weeks. Her interview in Abu Dhabi lasted only a few minutes and in her opinion, it was very straight-forward. Would it help if I call the embassy?

Thank you,

Comment

L1B Individual visa approved but status shows Administrative processing

Hello,
                          I appeared for an L1B Individual interview with my wife and daughter on 1st of December 2015. My daughters staus changed on 1st December as ISSUED. My wifes status changed as ISSUED on 2nd December 2015 with status update date as 2nd December 2015. On 3rd December 2015 received a mail as wife's and daughters passport is ready for pickup.
                          In my case as I am the principle applicant for L1B , it is still showing as ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING , status updated on 1st December. Is this usual? The VO sataid that our visa is approved, have safe travels. I was not given any slip nor any 221g. The status hasnt changed since my day of interview. Need help on how can I find the exact reason for delay.

Comment

Similar situation

I am in a similar situation, I appeared on Dec 2 and VO said Approved collect passport in 3 days. My wife and kids stamped passports received on Dec 7. My case at CEAC says Under Administrative Processing. When I researched I find that this can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months (I am aware of another similar case which took 6 months).

Comment

H1B VISA approved but administrative processing

Hi,

I was working for a Indian service based company for past 2 years in US. I switched to another company as a full time employee in august. I came to India for my marriage, though my VISA from previous company was valid till August 2016, but my attorney suggested it would be better to get the VISA stamping done.
                              Me and my wife went for VISA stamping on 30th Nov., the interview was a pretty standard one and the officer told us our VISA was approved and we should be receiving our passport in 3-5 days. My wife's passport was ready for pick up the very next day, but my VISA status shows "administrative processing". On doing further research on internet I found it can easily take 4 weeks or more for this to get resolved. My question is since my previous H1 VISA was valid and I do have an approved I797 from current employer will it make sense to withdraw my VISA application at this point itself or should I wait for some more time and see if there is any update on administrative processing?

Comment

Administrative processing after Waiver of Ineligibility approved

My waiver of ineligibility was approved on November 25th 2015 and I received a email to send in my passport. I sent my passport on 1st of December and it has been 10 days and it still says administrative processing online. I have tried contacting the consulate but haven't gotten much response. Any opinions on what I should do or expect?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X