H1 Transfer--Pls help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer--Pls help

I have changed my status from H4 to H1 and my visa got approved.I am having I 797 C (Copy) in which Approval notice says my visa is "Approved" and having the approval dates from 2012 to 2014.

Now my Question is can i transfer my H1 visa to other employer or do we mandatory need to have I 797 A ...?
    Last edited by GayatriGovindu; 02-10-2013, 09:12 PM.

Originally posted by GayatriGovindu View Post
    I have changed my status from H4 to H1 and my visa got approved.I am having I 797 C (Copy) in which Approval notice says my visa is "Approved" and having the approval dates from 2012 to 2014.

Now my Question is can i transfer my H1 visa to other employer or do we mandatory need to have I 797 A ...?
    Check the bottom of the I797. Does it have a I-94?

If yes, you should try to work with employer for some time in order to generate some pay slips and then initiate a transfer . If not your H1 will activate only when either you leave US get H1 stamped and return or when you file an H1 amendment.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Check the bottom of the I797. Does it have a I-94?

If yes, you should try to work with employer for some time in order to generate some pay slips and then initiate a transfer . If not your H1 will activate only when either you leave US get H1 stamped and return or when you file an H1 amendment.

1)In the bottom i am not having I 94 but they have given it seperately which is valid till 2014 and i am having payslips as well.So do we need to have I 797 A copy as well because i am having only I 797 C copy ,I 94 and payslips...?

2) What is the main difference between I 797 A and I 797 C are they both same...?

Comment

Originally posted by GayatriGovindu View Post
        1)In the bottom i am not having I 94 but they have given it seperately which is valid till 2014 and i am having payslips as well.So do we need to have I 797 A copy as well because i am having only I 797 C copy ,I 94 and payslips...?

2) What is the main difference between I 797 A and I 797 C are they both same...?

You should be able to file for transfer using only the 797C.

As per USCIS website :

USCIS uses numerous types of Form I-797 to communicate with customers or convey an immigration benefit.

I-797A, Notice of Action Issued to an applicant as a replacement Form I-94.
        I-797B, Notice of Action Issued for approval of an alien worker petition.
        I-797C, Notice of Action Issued to communicate receipt of payments, rejection of applications, transfer of files, fingerprint biometric, interview and re-scheduled appointments, and re-open cases.
        I-797D Accompanies benefit cards.
        I-797E, Notice of Action Issued to request evidence.
        I-797F, Transportation Letter Issued overseas to allow applicants to travel.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X