H4 stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 stamping

Hi, I changed my status from h1 to h4 last yr. my h4 is valid till mid June 2013. I'm planning to travel to India in mid feb 2013 returning end of april.And I have to go for visa h4 stamping. My husband will be applying for h1 b extension thru premium process. So my questions are
    1. Can I go for h4 visa stamping with his extension approval notice when he gets the approval notice though I don't have current h4 stamp (based on husband's current h1 b visa)
    2. If he gets approval notice that's valid from June will be able to go the stamping in the month of April based on his extension notice, (but I will be entering USA before June)
    3. Should I apply for h4 stamping as soon as i go based on his current h1b that's valid till June 2013. ie 3-4 months from now
    4. Will VO give me extension if I apply with current h1 b n show VO the new extension approval notice if we receive it by then?
    5. I have to get the h4 stamping anyway. Is it better to go for stamping now or after I get the extension notice. But even with premium process u never know when you will get the notice.
    I initially thought I would be able get the h4 visa stamp with the extension at once instead of coming here on 4 months valid visa n applying again for h4 extension. I thought I could save a trip to consulate . But I'm not sure if I could o that. I understand that if I had h4 stamp already I would be able to apply for visa extension stamping when I go to India.
    Without the current h4 visa stamp will I be able to get visa stamp with my husband' s extension approval notice

6. When filling DS160 what h1 b petition number should i enter? Current h1 b or the new extension petition number.assuming that My visa interview will be definitely before the current visa expires n I will come back to USA.
    Please help.
    Thank u
    Sandy

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X