Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 stamping in India without Principal applicant's H1 stamping

Hello,

I have an urgent question regarding H4 visa stamping in India for the first time. I came to US for the first time on F2 visa while my husband was working on F1 OPT 2 yrs ago. Now I wish to travel to India alone due to family reasons. My husband did not get his H1 stamped on his passport.

1) Is it advisable for me to travel alone and go for H4 interview without Prinicipal applicant's H1 stamp in his passport?
    2)I was not rejected during F2. Will this be any positive impact that they already asked me all about my husband's work while getting F2 stamped.
    3)Will there be any scenario that the consulate might reject my H4 and say that my husband has to come to India and get his H1 stamped first in order for me to get my H4 stamped?

Thanks in advance.

You can apply for H4 Visa without the H1 principal applying for their Visa.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      You can apply for H4 Visa without the H1 principal applying for their Visa.
      Thank you for the reply. This is Prinicipal applicant's 1st H1b, he hasnot got it stamped even once. His passport has F1 stamping from India, which expired 2 yrs back.

Is it still possible for me to go for stamping? Do you know of any cases?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hello, I have H1 approval but not yet stamped. me and my wife will apply for H1 & H4. But she cant accompany me for now for some personal reason. So I'll go for H1 stamping now and she will take the appointment after 2-3 months. Should she go alone for the interview or should I also accompany her later when she will go for H4 stamping?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X