Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B and H4 approved but status shown is administrative processing

Hi,

I appeared at the New Delhi consulate on 5th February for my H1B stamping (non-cap academic H1B which was already approved from the USCIS when I was in the US) along with my wife who applied for her H4 visa. The interview lasted for just about a minute and the visa officer said that both our visas are approved (he didn't even ask for our marriage certificate). However when we did not receive our passports until this Saturday (that is, after waiting for 5 days), we thought of tracking the passport. Tracking showed that our passports are still with the consulate. We then checked the visa status on the website and the website shows that our visa case is under administrative processing (the message said "Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks"). As far as I know such messages are shown only in the cases of 221g. However, we were not given any 221g slip so it's very confusing because the visa officer clearly told us about the approval, didn't ask for any other documents, or gave any slips or forms.

What could be the reason for this? Has anyone else seen such a status message after getting the visa approved? Is there something I could do to find out the cause, and get the visa processing expedited (assuming it is indeed stuck)? My return date to the US is 15th February and it has put me in a very tricky situation. Please advise.

Thank you.

My Wife Went for H4 on Jan 4th . her Passport and other documents were retained and said need additional investigation. not given any 221G slip.
    its almost 38 days now... and no update.
    called DOS here in US and got to know that my case in admin processing and they have requested additional documents on JAN 7th however we didn’t get any mail... wrote to Delhi US Consulate help desk and got reply that ur case is under admin processing when completed or need additional information you will be contacted ..its confusing and frustrating situation.. now I am planning to come back to India and search job there. No choice 

Comment

Hi,

The same has happened to our visas as well. My husband and I appeared for an interview on October 16, 2012 for H1b and H4 visa respectively. The Consular approved our visas and kept our passports. The next day we got an email from the embassy asking for some more papers. We submitted these papers on October 26, 2012. The embassy contacted the employer and has carried out some verification. However, we have not heard back from them yet about our passports. Our status still shows that our visas are under administrative processing. All emails have gone in vain. It has been four months now since our passports were submitted to the embassy.

Neetika

Comment

Finally, the status for me (H1B) and my wife (H4) changed to Issued today.

OFC: Feb 4, 2013
        VI: Feb 5, 2013 (no documents asked, officer said the visas are approved but status shown was Administrative Processing)
        Documents asked by email: Feb 28, 2013
        Documents sent by email: March 01, 2013
        Status updated for the first time after the visa interview date: March 13, 2013 (still showed Administrative Processing)
        Status changed to Issued: March 14, 2013

All the best to everyone waiting on their pending cases.

Comment

US DOS contact number

Originally posted by noor03 View Post
          My Wife Went for H4 on Jan 4th . her Passport and other documents were retained and said need additional investigation. not given any 221G slip.
          its almost 38 days now... and no update.
          called DOS here in US and got to know that my case in admin processing and they have requested additional documents on JAN 7th however we didn’t get any mail... wrote to Delhi US Consulate help desk and got reply that ur case is under admin processing when completed or need additional information you will be contacted ..its confusing and frustrating situation.. now I am planning to come back to India and search job there. No choice 
          Hey what is the number to call DOS in US ?
          Thanks

Comment

Fresh H1b@ New Delhi 221(g) White Slip

I have attended interview on 06th Feb 2013 for fresh h1b.They put my case in admin processing & handed over a white slip.Also, they did not ask any other documents.They kept my passport & experience letter & return all the documents including original petition and asked me to wait for 2-3 weeks.Now, It’s 7th week but did not get any update from them.

Is there any chance for stamping…? I got RFE against this case in November 2012 for additional documents.

Your help will be appreciated!!!

Comment

Phone Number for DOS

Originally posted by cool.adnan View Post
              Hey what is the number to call DOS in US ?
              Thanks
              202-663-1225 Press 100 after IVR Starts playing to reach to a CSR.

You would be able to find out whether there are any progress on your case or not. They wont tell you about projected finish date but they will tell you if they need additional documents and / or if they see any updates on your case.

Please keep your passport number handy while calling DOS.
              Track 221g / administrative processing cases at one place -- Register at http://www.immihelp.com/tracker/221g-tracker

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X