Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got H1B Visa with Employer A,Willing to join Employer B .Any problem at Port of Entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got H1B Visa with Employer A,Willing to join Employer B .Any problem at Port of Entry

Hi,

I need your advise before initiating H1B transfer. Presently Am working in India and till date I haven't traveled to USA.
    My current employer A has filled for H1B petition April 2012 and I have appeared for Visa Interview at US consulate in India and got my visa on Nov 2012 with validity till June 2015.
    I have come across a new employer B whose offer is very encouraging and also offered to transfer my H1B.

Am curious to know whether traveling with this visa does cause any problem at port of entry. Or do I need to go for visa stamping again.

Need your clarification on below things.

I do have H-1B visa stamp in passport from my current employer A. Can I use the same H-1B visa stamp to travel without obtaining a new H-1B visa?
    Does traveling with existing H1B visa cause any problem at Port of Entry.
    Can I travel with H1B visa of Employer A along with my approved petition of employer B.
    Do I need to reappear for Visa interview at US consulate in India with new petition filed by Employer B.
    Just in case if I need to reappear for Visa interview and it gets denied what would be the status of visa/Petition obtained from Employer A.

Thanks,

Got H1B Visa with Employer A,Willing to join Employer B .Any problem at Port of Entry

You don't have to apply for visa interview as your visa valid till June 2015. you can travel with current visa with company name A on it and with the approved petition of company B. You will not have any issues at port of entry if you have all appropriate documents correctly.

Comment

The above is correct.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Kabkaba.
        I will go ahead and accept the offer rolled out by Employer B and would join him.

Comment

Originally posted by sai1984 View Post
          Thanks Kabkaba.
          I will go ahead and accept the offer rolled out by Employer B and would join him.
          Did you go to US & join employer B?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X