Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B, H4 approved-New Delhi

Hello friends
    Just wanted to share my Visa stamping experience at New Delhi Consulate.
    OFC process is pretty simple and straight forward, so just sharing the interview experience.

I had H1B and H4 stamping interview scheduled for Feb28th 2013, for myself and my spouse.

Our interview was at 9 AM, we reached consulate by 8:15 AM. Here is what all happened:
    1. After security check, we had to head towards the Pre screening counter, where an Indian officer would check your documents, and staple form I797, Appointment confirmation, DS160 together with the passport.
    2. Then another officer will give you the counter token.
    We got one token as we were appearing together for H1 and H4.
    3. Next we had to wait untill our token number came. Once called upon, we went inside the Visa application building.
    4. At next counter, our finger prints were scanned.
    5. Then next counter was for Visa interview.
    6. A sweet American lady was the VO. Questions she asked were: "Employer name", "Client name", "Roles, responsibilities in project", "Highest education degree", "Are you newly married" .
    7. After answering the questions, she responded with a smile "Your Visas are approved".
    8. We came out happily and paid Rs 600 (300+300) for passport delivery via courier.

All the best to all of you. Please remember: Key here is Confidence and right documents.
    Last edited by mann123; 02-28-2013, 08:05 AM.

Congratulations!
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by mann123 View Post
      Hello friends
      Just wanted to share my Visa stamping experience at New Delhi Consulate.
      OFC process is pretty simple and straight forward, so just sharing the interview experience.

I had H1B and H4 stamping interview scheduled for Feb28th 2013, for myself and my spouse.

Our interview was at 9 AM, we reached consulate by 8:15 AM. Here is what all happened:
      1. After security check, we had to head towards the Pre screening counter, where an Indian officer would check your documents, and staple form I797, Appointment confirmation, DS160 together with the passport.
      2. Then another officer will give you the counter token.
      We got one token as we were appearing together for H1 and H4.
      3. Next we had to wait untill our token number came. Once called upon, we went inside the Visa application building.
      4. At next counter, our finger prints were scanned.
      5. Then next counter was for Visa interview.
      6. A sweet American lady was the VO. Questions she asked were: "Employer name", "Client name", "Roles, responsibilities in project", "Highest education degree", "Are you newly married" .
      7. After answering the questions, she responded with a smile "Your Visas are approved".
      8. We came out happily and paid Rs 600 (300+300) for passport delivery via courier.

All the best to all of you. Please remember: Key here is Confidence and right documents.
      Congratulations. My case was also of H1B+H4 and the visa officer told that our visas are approved. This was on Feb 5. However when we checked the visa status later, it showed that our cases are under "administrative processing". Did you double check by checking the visa status online? if it shows "Issued" (I hope it's that in your case) then you should receive your passports fairly soon. Unfortunately, I am still waiting due to the administrative processing in my case.

Comment

Hello
        Yes, we got our stamped passport the very next day, pretty fast I must say!!
        Also when the VO said "Your visas approved", she gave us a green slip too which had various US Visa site details and on the back side it was mentioned "Your Visa is approved".

Comment

Finally, the status for me (H1B) and my wife (H4) changed to Issued today.

OFC: Feb 4, 2013
          VI: Feb 5, 2013 (no documents asked, officer said the visas are approved but status shown was Administrative Processing)
          Documents asked by email: Feb 28, 2013
          Documents sent by email: March 01, 2013
          Status updated for the first time after the visa interview date: March 13, 2013 (still showed Administrative Processing)
          Status changed to Issued: March 14, 2013

All the best to everyone waiting on their pending cases.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X