Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer

Hi,

I am having H1B which is approved on Jan-2013 from company 'A'. so I didnt travel yet. Now i am switching into another company 'B'. Im in notice period now. New company(B) is ready to transfer my H1B. As per existing company policies, i need to submit my passport so they will cancel my VISA before release from company A.

Below are my concerns. Please suggest.

1) Do I need to take approval from company A to transfer the VISA?
    2) Can I trasfer it with out informing my current company? If yes how they cancel VISA ?
    3) Company B is asking I797 Copy ( Approval Notice)\ Perm, I140(If applicable) from the petitioner company to transfer. Will the company A provide the
    document? or from where i will get?
    4) what is the transfer fee and how much time it will take?

Thanks,
    Daki

Originally posted by daki84 View Post
    Hi,

I am having H1B which is approved on Jan-2013 from company 'A'. so I didnt travel yet. Now i am switching into another company 'B'. Im in notice period now. New company(B) is ready to transfer my H1B. As per existing company policies, i need to submit my passport so they will cancel my VISA before release from company A.

-- You should not do that. They can withdraw their petition if they want, but the passport and Visa is yours to keep. If they insist and withhold experience certificate etc., you can submit it, but it will make no difference to you.

Below are my concerns. Please suggest.

1) Do I need to take approval from company A to transfer the VISA? -- No
    2) Can I trasfer it with out informing my current company? If yes how they cancel VISA ? -- Sure. It makes no difference if they withdraw their petition or cancel the Visa in your passport.
    3) Company B is asking I797 Copy ( Approval Notice)\ Perm, I140(If applicable) from the petitioner company to transfer. Will the company A provide the
    document? or from where i will get? -- Don't you already have it? Did you not use the approval notice to get the Visa?
    4) what is the transfer fee and how much time it will take? -- Transfer is just another petition and it will have the same fees and time frames like any other. Fees are to be paid by the employer.

Thanks,
    Daki
    See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      See above.
      Thanks you so much for the suggestion...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X