F1 EAD date expired due to USCIS human error before applying for H1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 EAD date expired due to USCIS human error before applying for H1B

My wife recently found an isue with her EAD card. She had applied for STEM extension in early 2012. Her OPT I20 has a valid date that was requested from Jun 2012 to Nov 2013 (17 month STEM extension). Unfortunately USCIS made a human error while issuing the i797 approval notice and EAD. Both of them has dates between Jun 2012 to Nov 2012. Instead of giving EAD approval for 17 mo she received only 5 months. Unfortunately we never realized that expiry date is only till Nov'2012 and not till Nov'2013.

We called USCIS, and they told that since your EAD is already expired they will have to get confirmation by california state and they will get back by Mar 21, 2013. They didnt told whats next after getting this confirmation.

Her company is preparing for H1B to be filed this April 2013 when she found this error.

Can her company/lawyer still continue to file H1B based on the valid date present in the I20?

Does she need to go back to India to file H1B peition?

Can she continue to work with her current employer?

Will there be any problem in maintaining a valid visa status?

Any suggestions what would be the best route to take?

Since she is on STEM extension this would be her last chance to file for H1B this year.
    Is thery any way USCIS can expedite this process?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X