Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Transfer......what is the right time to resign?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer......what is the right time to resign?

Hi Friends,

I am working in USA with one of top 4 Indian IT company. My current assignment completed and I am on free pool now.

My H1B is valid till Oct-2013. Now I decided to move on, got a project outside and a different company filed for H1B transfer in normal process on Monday (Mar-4-2013) and today (Mar-6-2013) my documents reached USCIS.

Questions:
    ========

1. In normal process, when will I get my receipt notice?
    2. What would be the receipt notice date?
    3. Now, can I submit resignation in current organization without receiving the receipt notice?

H1B Transfer......what is the right time to resign?

Normal process would take anywhere between 2 to 4 months. No one can predict that. It's better to request your new employer to transfer using premium process. It would help you to get result in 15 days. Based on that, you can decide upon. Do not put down your paper even before get your receipt number. Btw, it is not even safe to join the new company with receipt number as you will be out of status if it is get rejected.

Play safe and it's my opinion.

Comment

The new company will get the receipt in a week or two. The receipt date will also be a week or two after actual physical delivery. You are free to join the new company after receipt date and not before.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
        The new company will get the receipt in a week or two. The receipt date will also be a week or two after actual physical delivery. You are free to join the new company after receipt date and not before.
        kabkaba.......is it safe to put down my papers before receiving receipt notice??

Comment

Your last day of work should be after receipt date.
          Remember that even then, if the petition gets denied you will be out of status.
          This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

H1 Transfer - L2 to H1

I am currently on L2 Visa(dependent of L1) and working on EAD.
            I got selected in H1 Lottery 2015 and waiting for approval.

Q1: Can I transfer my visa once I get my H1 approval(I-797)?
            Q2: I can start working from 1st Oct only on H1 or before that, as currently I am on L2 status?

Senior member please suggest/advise. Thanks!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X