Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internship in the US 7 weeks for UK citizen, what visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internship in the US 7 weeks for UK citizen, what visa?

I have a visa-related inquiry. I have been offered a 6-7 week internship with a public affairs company in DC this summer, and I was wondering what visa I need to get. I believe it may well be the H-3 trainee visa, of which I have taken the eligibility assessment and I have passed it. I am a 21 year old British citizen and currently study at Bristol University (politics and french). My great interest is US politics, especially lobbying (also what I will be doing my dissertation on), and therefore the opportunity to intern for a US lobbying firm would be a great experience, and one that I cannot get in the UK. The company have offered to pay me for this internship, although I would happily work for free (if that was easier in obtaining a visa), as I'm very interested in this field, and I would not be able to find a similar opportunity elsewhere. Please could you advise me on what I am required to do, regarding a visa, as it is rather complicated. Thank you in advance, Alex Holloway

nb. I was reading about a B-1 visa on this site, which seems like it could be an option, although I'm currently a student so I don't know if that is a hindrance.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X