Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer of stamped H1B to other employer

Hi Experts,

I need help on below queries. Thanks a lot in adavance!!

My wife and I, both have valid US H1B visa.
    1. Can both of us work on H1B in USA?
    2. I am travelling to US in July, 2013 on my H1B. Also, my Wife's H1B is stamped but she never got any opprtunity to travel till now and she does not have any opportunity in future too. She is going to come to US with me as my dependent. Is there any process where she can work in US on H1B then?
    3. Can she change employer and use her H1B with new employer? She has valid H1B and is stamped recently. But she has never travelled.

Thank you!!!

Originally posted by Jack View Post
    Hi Experts,

I need help on below queries. Thanks a lot in adavance!!

My wife and I, both have valid US H1B visa.
    2. I am travelling to US in July, 2013 on my H1B. Also, my Wife's H1B is stamped but she never got any opprtunity to travel till now and she does not have any opportunity in future too. She is going to come to US with me as my dependent. Is there any process where she can work in US on H1B then?
    3. Can she change employer and use her H1B with new employer? She has valid H1B and is stamped recently. But she has never travelled.

Thank you!!!

As long as you have valid H1b employment and I 797 you can work.

If she is not working with any H1b sponsored employer than she might be entering illegally. She need to get an H4 stamping. She can not come as your dependent on individual H1 visa.

She can definitely change the employer and use the same h1b stamping to enter into USA till stamped visa expires.
    Track 221g / administrative processing cases at one place -- Register at http://www.immihelp.com/tracker/221g-tracker

Comment

Hi Hawkeye13,

Thanks a lot for the reply!!
      I could not get the answer to my 2nd question. What I meant was my wife is going to come with me as my dependent on H4 if she does not get any job opportunity on H1B through current employer. If she enters US on H4; is there any process she can use her H1B and get employment? Because she already has stamped H1B. Thanks again for your valuable replies!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X