Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1B to H1B visa with change of status.. Urgent Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B to H1B visa with change of status.. Urgent Help!!!

Hi,

Please help me on the following...

I have L1 through company ABC.

I am trying to file H1B with change of status through Company XYZ

After my H1B approved and change of status is approved Can i still work for company ABC with L1 visa.

Appreciate, if you can reply me ASAP.

Regards,
    Laxmi

Hi,
    It depends on your understanding with both the employers. Also depends on whether your L1 stamping has been cancelled without prejudice. By my understanding is that L1 will not be cancelled. Legally, you can work for L1 Co. even when your H1b has been approved for Co.B.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Hi,

I am also in the same situation.Please let me know if you are 100% sure that we can still continue to working on L1B for Co ABC eventhough H1B on Co XYZ is approved with Change of status effective Oct 1st. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Hi Veena,

I am really happy to know this. Are you 100% sure that currently L1B holder can still stay and work on L1B status after H1B woth COS is approved.

Comment

I am in a similar situation. I will get an H1 approved effective Oct 1st 2005. My L1A is valid until 2007. My H1B employer will not have a problem if I stay for a month or so after Oct 1st on L1A and not join his company till then.

The only question is- is it legal to stay on an L1 visa once your H1B is approved, after October 1st 2005.?

Comment

HI,
            Pay attention to your H1B approval date. If your status has already been adjusted to H1b, you can no longer work for L1. Otherwise you can work till such date. This is my understanding.
            Please do get in touch with an attorney in the US in this regard.
            VEENA
            (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X