Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• regd Tax returns in US after comming back to India

Hello Guys,

I was in US last year for 4 months. I was on H1-B Visa and then came back to India. I need to file Tax returns for the last year income in USA. Can someone please suggest me how I can go about this. Are there any agencies in India where I can file Tax returns for USA. Or do I need to file from tax consultants in US.

Regards,

Originally posted by infoqry View Post
    Hello Guys,

I was in US last year for 4 months. I was on H1-B Visa and then came back to India. I need to file Tax returns for the last year income in USA. Can someone please suggest me how I can go about this. Are there any agencies in India where I can file Tax returns for USA. Or do I need to file from tax consultants in US.

Regards,
    Its more of a taxation question than H1 related question. Did you close your bank account in US? If you have an active bank account in US you can use the services of so many online tax preparer softwares and directly get tax refunds credited to you US bank account and then transfer that amount to India bank account using remittance services.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

regd Tax returns filing in US after comming back to India

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Its more of a taxation question than H1 related question. Did you close your bank account in US? If you have an active bank account in US you can use the services of so many online tax preparer softwares and directly get tax refunds credited to you US bank account and then transfer that amount to India bank account using remittance services.

Hi Raghvi,

Thanks for the reply. But I guess I also need to do signatures on the forms. Thats the problem. So I want to know how others have done this or a simpler way of going about this like going thru some Tax consultants based in India.

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by infoqry View Post
        Hi Raghvi,

Thanks for the reply. But I guess I also need to do signatures on the forms. Thats the problem. So I want to know how others have done this or a simpler way of going about this like going thru some Tax consultants based in India.

Regards,
        Online filing doesnt require signing. Only if you are planning to add dependents who dont have an ITIN in that case you may need to file with physical signatures.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          Online filing doesnt require signing. Only if you are planning to add dependents who dont have an ITIN in that case you may need to file with physical signatures.

Thank you Raghvi for the reply.

Warm Regards,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X