Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa appointment dates - Modification no more possible

Hi All,

Based on te new directive from US consulate, facility of modification of visa dates is removed.

You need to cancel the earlier appointment and create a new one for changing dates!

Sheru

Based on current rush, dates available are in Feb 06. If you have appointment before that, think twice before cancelling it.

I believe, embassy has found out some Unscrupulous element misusing this facility. They have promised to come up with better feature soon.

Good Luck!

Comment

I am writing to inform you that the Embassy is suspending the ability of our visa applicants to modify their appointment date or time via the TTS web site. Those applicants wishing to reschedule an appointment must now first cancel their existing appointment and make a new appointment by re-entering all their data through the regular appointment request forms.

We recognize that this feature was of great convenience to some of our customers. Unfortunately the ease of use of this feature was being used by some unscrupulous persons to create opportunities to sell early appointments. As a result of the practices of making and canceling bogus appointments, we believe the backlog in appointments has been growing at a much faster rate than justified by demand and an increasing number of appointments are not being kept. This disadvantages all our applicants, and we are not able to make the best use of our limited resources.

We are working on solutions to this problem that we hope will eventually restore some of the flexibility to the system, and ask that you bear with us as we work to solve this problem. We hope that overtime this new policy will support our other efforts to reduce the time all our applicants must wait for an appointment.

Comment

Visa Appointment

Hi,

here is my problem my visa appointment is based on my old company H1B, My new company has filed for an H1B transfer and will be starting work soon. Would like some clarification on a) would my visa appointment be still valid; or b) since my details have changed (H1B transfer) do i need to take an new appointment?

Would appreciate if people who are in he similar situation share their thoughts.

Thanks

Comment

I have the same problem. Can anybody share their experiance over here.
          Thanks.

Comment

Visa Appointment

You can change your details with TT Services by faxing your details. You need to quote the receipt number, passport number and other details to TT Services. They will modify your details. You also need to fax a copy of your new petition.

Comment

I need to go to the Mumbai consulate, so hope they have a change procedure also.

Thanks for your input.

Comment

Originally posted by rak_s
                Hi,

here is my problem my visa appointment is based on my old company H1B, My new company has filed for an H1B transfer and will be starting work soon. Would like some clarification on a) would my visa appointment be still valid; or b) since my details have changed (H1B transfer) do i need to take an new appointment?

Would appreciate if people who are in he similar situation share their thoughts.

Thanks
                You should mention the new details on the DS 156, and also inform the Consular Officer of this change while you are going for the interview..
                VEENA
                (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Thanks Veena for your reply.
                  So do i need to send them any papers or DS156 Form prior to interview date?
                  Please help me in this.
                  Thanks.

Comment

Hi,
                    If you have already sent them the papers, you need not do it again. Just take the form & documentswith the relevant details when you go for the interview. You may however call VFS Mumbai and verify.
                    VEENA
                    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X