Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B 221(g) Blue Slip @ Mumbai Consulate

Hi,

I attended H1B Visa interview at Mumbai Consulate on 6th Feb and they issued me 221(g) blue slip mentioning submission of employer related documents. I have submitted all documents immediately on 12th Feb. Since then my case status is showing as 'Administrative Processing'. I am regularly asking them about my case status since then.

Today I got responce from US Consulate for my query as below. I asked about status of my case.

"We have received the documents submitted by you. However your case is currently on hold under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) pending the officer’s review. Section 221(g) of the INA prohibits the issuance of a visa to an individual whose application is incomplete or inconclusive, or whose eligibility has not been firmly established. Please be assured that we will contact you as soon as the processing will complete."

What does it mean? Does that mean my visa is getting rejected? Is it indication that they might ask me more documents and thereby processing time will be increased?

Please guide me.

Thanks,

KW

H1B 221(g) Blue Slip @ Mumbai Consulate

It just means that your case is in administrative processing . You have to wait till they finish admin processing.

Your visa is not rejected.
    Track 221g / administrative processing cases at one place -- Register at http://www.immihelp.com/tracker/221g-tracker

Comment

Hi,

Its more than 2 months since submitting the requested documents after visa interview. Everytime I contact visa office, I am getting the standard auto reply as "Administrative Processing". What is the maximum time required to complete Admin Processing?

Also my employer contacted to VO Mumbai office for the same. Will that expedite the visa process?

What are the chances of getting H1B approved visa after such a long time?

Thanks,
      KW

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X