Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B application before signing the contract??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B application before signing the contract??

Hi,

I have applied for a job in a non-profit company, had already 3 interviews and they confirmed that they would like to hire me. The whole selection process took almost 2 months, and last week I reminded them that on April 1st all US companies would start filing applications for H1B visa. As an answer, they asked for a word copy of my resume and 3 references to be submitted to their lawyers. They told me today that they have no news from the lawyers yet.
    Is this a normal procedure? I mean, I thought a company could file a visa petition only after the contract is signed, but maybe it's not like that? Or non-profit organizations have a special procedure?
    I have no idea if I can still hope that I'll get the job and the H1 visa or it is too late for that...

Thanks for any help!

H1B application before signing the contract??

Non profit organizations are exempt from h1b cap quota which means that you don't need to worry about the h1 quota.
    The lawyers are probably just verifying the credentials and getting the documentation ready. May not be a bad idea for you to contact the lawyers directly if possible.

Comment

Thanks, that's relieving! I know that not all non profit organizations qualify for cap exemption, but probably this one does and this is the explanation why they are taking it so easy. Unfortunately I don't have the contact of the lawyers, but I will ask for it if they don't give me any update in a reasonable lapse of time.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X