Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Clock

My H1-B is going to expire in Jan, 2006. I had a question:
    Suppose I go back to India, extend my H1-B in Jan for another 3 years and then come back to US for higher studies on F-1 in august. So, will the clock for 6 years of H1 be still ticking. i.e. By the time I graduate, I'll have completed 6 years of H1-B quota so does that mean that I'll have to go back to India and can't get job in US?
    So, in this situation, should I not apply for extension of H1-B as that will mean I'll have 3 years of H1B left.

Don't apply for an H1B if you are going to school. Or do you want to work off campus? Your H1B visa would expire. Go to school and than switch from the F1 to H1. After your H1B expires after 6 years you can always apply for the green card.
    Hope this helps.

Comment

H1B clock

Can someone be on H1 and F1 together? Will H1 not be cancelled once someone get F1. Currently I don't have admit from anywhere. I will apply and I am hoping that I'd get admit. And also if I don't apply for extension, I think this H1 will be void and I'll have to apply for a fresh one, Is this true? So, I am just trying to understand how does H1 clock tick? Suppose, I don't get any admit which I'll come to know only in April and I don't apply for extension, I'll have to apply for a new H1 on which I can work only from october,2006.
      In case I get an admit, I get an F1. I am assuming that in that case my H1 will automatically be void. But after graduating suppose I get a job, a new H1 will be filed on behalf of new employer. So, in that case will previous years be counted or a fresh 6 yr. clock be started?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X