No announcement yet.

F1 reject thrice - Going for H4 help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 reject thrice - Going for H4 help!!!

Hi ppl

My wife had her F1 rejected three times in the past(Financial reasons - July 2004 was the latest). My H1B was approved three months ago and has been duly stamped in Canada. My wife has her H4 appointment in first week of september in chennai. I would like to know if F1 rejects are going to cause any problems during H4 application.

If there are any tips about answers to questions that may be asked, please let me know. If there are any of nice people out there who have come across or experienced such situations, please help!!!

thanks
    JD

H-4 does not require non-immigrant intent and you do not need to show
    any funds like the F-1, so it would not be a problem.

Comment

Hi,
      One of the questions that your wife can expect at the interview is why her spouse choose his stamping to be done in Canada and not at his hometown. So tell her the most convincing reply for this question.
      VEENA
      (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Thanks and a few concerns

I joined my job 1 month before marriage. I had to get back to my job immed after marriage and as I have a Masters from US, I got my H1 stamped in canada. For this question I asked her to answer that since he couldnt get any appointments immediately in India, he has to go to Canada. Does that sound convincing????

Another question is about W-2s. I worked as a research assistant during my F-1 and has been on H-1 for just over 3 months. I would like to know if she proactively(in a file,before going on to the consular window) needs to submit all W-2s for my stay in US or wait till the consular officer asks her. The consular website says "Submit W-2s for the duration of ur H1".

thanks
        JD
        Originally posted by veena_swsh
        Hi,
        One of the questions that your wife can expect at the interview is why her spouse choose his stamping to be done in Canada and not at his hometown. So tell her the most convincing reply for this question.

Comment

Hi,
          Lack of appointments at Chennai Consulate is a very common excuse. You can probably tell that you were required to join the job immediately, and could not take a break. Therefore you went to Canada.

At the prescreeing counter, give all the documents incl. W2s, etc. The Officer there will put those required into a folder. Mostly it will be only the DS 156, passport and H1B package. Others will be given back to her. However she will have to carry all the other documents to the interview. Can't say what the consular officer might want to see.
          VEENA
          (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Jaadan,

Sorry for just interrupting in your thread. Actually I was reading your thread and understood that you got your visa stamped in Canada.
            I am getting mixed opinions about this. I have a MS degree from US and am on H1 now. I have not left US after receiving my H1. Can I go to Canada and get my stamping done or do I have to go to india for first time stamping.

Thanks,
            ssk78

Comment

Yes you can

You can get it stamped in Canada if you have M.S from USA. The consular websites state that you can get it stamped in Canada or Mexico if the consular officer can verify your academic credentials((that made your H1 approval possible). The consular officers cannot verify your academic credentials if they are primarily from a foreign country. Meaning if you have a M.S or PhD from a US univ, you can get it stamped in Canada or Mexico. Positive answer.

-Jadan
              Originally posted by ssk78
              Jaadan,

Sorry for just interrupting in your thread. Actually I was reading your thread and understood that you got your visa stamped in Canada.
              I am getting mixed opinions about this. I have a MS degree from US and am on H1 now. I have not left US after receiving my H1. Can I go to Canada and get my stamping done or do I have to go to india for first time stamping.

Thanks,
              ssk78

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X