Earliest possible H1 B visa interview date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earliest possible H1 B visa interview date

My apologies if this question is answered quite a few times in the forum.

TYPICALLY What’s the earliest possible interview date in VISA consulates(Like Chennai, Hyderbad)?
    What’s could be the earliest possible date this year, 2014?

90 days before the employment start date, if your employment start date is on Oct 1, 2014 then the earliest date you can go for a visa interview is Jul 1, 2014.

Originally posted by manuv313 View Post
    My apologies if this question is answered quite a few times in the forum.

TYPICALLY What’s the earliest possible interview date in VISA consulates(Like Chennai, Hyderbad)?
    What’s could be the earliest possible date this year, 2014?

Comment

Originally posted by mb_2012 View Post
      90 days before the employment start date, if your employment start date is on Oct 1, 2014 then the earliest date you can go for a visa interview is Jul 1, 2014.
      Thanks so *much for your response. So this means, there are no deadlines from consulate/USCIS side to take interview/stamping. It’s up to you and your employer depending on when you would want to start work. Am I correct here?

I am currently working for a company on L1 and wouldn't like to join new company in US before Dec 1st 2013.
      Here’s is what I would like to do:
      1. Leave US on Aug 30
      2. Go for stamping/interview in Sept 15th
      3. If everything goes well resign the current job and serve the notice period(may be up to three months)
      4. Travel back to US

I would like to mention that I am not doing COS from L1 to H1. I am wondering whether it makes any difference(negatively), if I go for interview *after Jul. Basically, I am concerned about the best time for stamping and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by manuv313 View Post
        Thanks so *much for your response. So this means, there are no deadlines from consulate/USCIS side to take interview/stamping. It’s up to you and your employer depending on when you would want to start work. Am I correct here?

I am currently working for a company on L1 and wouldn't like to join new company in US before Dec 1st 2013.
        Here’s is what I would like to do:
        1. Leave US on Aug 30
        2. Go for stamping/interview in Sept 15th
        3. If everything goes well resign the current job and serve the notice period(may be up to three months)
        4. Travel back to US

I would like to mention that I am not doing COS from L1 to H1. I am wondering whether it makes any difference(negatively), if I go for interview *after Jul. Basically, I am concerned about the best time for stamping and everything.
        What you mentioned is doable.

Many dont go this route because either the H1 employer is not willing to wait beyond 01-Oct-2013 like till 01-Dec-2013 in your case or there are multiple layers in middle such as EVC or EVVC model where employee employer relationship is not clearly identifiable with consultancy in the middle.

Also, many avoid going in for a stamping because the H1 employer sometimes dont want to or cant provide them with sufficient documentation such as client letter etc.

Also, one doesn't get to be in US for many months with no guarantee of a return.

So if you are ok with these then I think you are fine with the plan.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          What you mentioned is doable.

Many dont go this route because either the H1 employer is not willing to wait beyond 01-Oct-2013 like till 01-Dec-2013 in your case or there are multiple layers in middle such as EVC or EVVC model where employee employer relationship is not clearly identifiable with consultancy in the middle.

Also, many avoid going in for a stamping because the H1 employer sometimes dont want to or cant provide them with sufficient documentation such as client letter etc.

Also, one doesn't get to be in US for many months with no guarantee of a return.

So if you are ok with these then I think you are fine with the plan.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
          I totally agree it’s not the optimal way. Unfortunately I would have to travel back for my final settlements and formalities before the COS. Thanks so much for the clarification. Let’s hope for the best in lottery.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X