H1 revalidation/ H4 stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 revalidation/ H4 stamping

My scenario is , I went for H1B visa re-stamping thru company A, on Jan' 05 and got it stamped till July 2007. Then,now I have joined company B on March and got my H1-transfer papers approved, till March 2008. Now I am travelling to India on September for my marriage and appearing for my H1 restamping(with current employer B's petition) and my wife's H4 stamping,together.

1. I dont have my experience letter from my (only) previous employer. How important is this, for the interview? What alternate documents could help in its place?

2. Does my wife's passport needs to be updated with my(Spouse) name? Is any such passport changes needed in either of our passports?

3. If in case there is a problem with my revalidation(stamping) now with company B, am I still eligible to travel with my company A stamping and the H1B transfer papers of company B? OR does my application for revalidation now voids the previous visa stamping by default?

4. In first place,Though I have a valid Visa stamped with company A, I am appearing again for visa interview, to get it revalidated with my current company B. Am I right in doing this?

I am really thankful to anyone who can clarrify these.
    Last edited by smurugan; 08-15-2005, 07:15 PM.

1. I dont have my experience letter from my (only) previous employer. How important is this, for the interview? What alternate documents could help in its place?

IT IS BETTER YOU GO WITH THE ENTIRE DOCUMENTATION. DO NOT ASSUME THAT ANY DOCUMENT IS NOT NEEDED. THERE ARE INSTANCES WHERE THE VISA IS REJECTED/POSTPONED FOR THE SIMPLEST REASONS.

2. Does my wife's passport needs to be updated with my(Spouse) name? Is any such passport changes needed in either of our passports?

SINCE YOU HAVE SUFFICIENT TIME YOU CAN GET THE PASSPORTS UPDATED. IT IS A MATTER OF COUPLE OF DAYS AT THE PASSPORT OFFICE. BUT IT IS NOT MANDATORY. HOWEVER YOU SHOULD PRODUCE OTHER PROOFS OF MARRIAGE.

3. If in case there is a problem with my revalidation(stamping) now with company B, am I still eligible to travel with my company A stamping and the H1B transfer papers of company B? OR does my application for revalidation now voids the previous visa stamping by default?

YES. YOU CAN HOLD MULTIPLE H1s. THE CONSULATE WILL NOT CANCEL YOUR FIRST H1.

4. In first place,Though I have a valid Visa stamped with company A, I am appearing again for visa interview, to get it revalidated with my current company B. Am I right in doing this?

THE CONSULATES WILL SUGGEST THAT YOU GO THROUGH THIS PROCESS.

DO YOU STILL CONTINUE TO WORK FOR EMPLOYER A?
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Thanks for your reply, Veena ! Nope..I am no longer with Employer A. I am with Employer B, for the past 4 months and have H1 transfer papers for Employer B.

But, my current Visa stamping in the passport is with Employer A, which I want to get it changed to Employer B with the new petition. My questions are,(A)Is this revalidation, mandatory or optional? (B) If this is optional, after the interview if there is a problem with this, will I still be able to travel with my old stamping and the new H1 transfer papers? Or by applying for restamping, the old one gets void?

Also, Please clarrify your answer for prev. question 2. Thanks for clarrifying it is NOT MANDATORY. But if at all, we plan to update, does both of our passport needs to be updated or only hers? (i.e only the dependent visa holder?)

Originally posted by veena_swsh

IT IS BETTER YOU GO WITH THE ENTIRE DOCUMENTATION. DO NOT ASSUME THAT ANY DOCUMENT IS NOT NEEDED. THERE ARE INSTANCES WHERE THE VISA IS REJECTED/POSTPONED FOR THE SIMPLEST REASONS.

SINCE YOU HAVE SUFFICIENT TIME YOU CAN GET THE PASSPORTS UPDATED. IT IS A MATTER OF COUPLE OF DAYS AT THE PASSPORT OFFICE. BUT IT IS NOT MANDATORY. HOWEVER YOU SHOULD PRODUCE OTHER PROOFS OF MARRIAGE.

YES. YOU CAN HOLD MULTIPLE H1s. THE CONSULATE WILL NOT CANCEL YOUR FIRST H1.

THE CONSULATES WILL SUGGEST THAT YOU GO THROUGH THIS PROCESS.

DO YOU STILL CONTINUE TO WORK FOR EMPLOYER A?
      Last edited by smurugan; 08-16-2005, 03:18 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X