Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Attending H1b stamping interview in Tijuana April 24 - 26?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Attending H1b stamping interview in Tijuana April 24 - 26?

Is anyone planning to attend H1b stamping in Tijuana around April 24th or 25th?
    My interview is on 25th and screening on 24th?

Please reply to this post whoever are planning to go to stamping around the same time frame.

Thanks
    Phani

Hi I am planning to go May 2nd ..please share ur experience

Hi I am planning to go to Tijuana was well on May 2nd ...please reply ..

Comment

Visa interview in Tijuana

Originally posted by kumar999 View Post
      Hi,

I already confirmed my appointment for april 24 & 25.
      Good luck with your interview.

Thanks
      phani

Comment

Hi I am planning to go in Jun ..please share ur experience

Hi,

I am planning to go for stamping in Jun with my family with kid. Can you please share your experience after attending the stamping. It will help me a lot.

Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by bphanisarma View Post
          Hi,

I already confirmed my appointment for april 24 & 25.
          Good luck with your interview.

Thanks
          phani
          Let me know your experience please ...

Comment

Let me know your experience please ...
            waiting for your response for Tijuana visa experience

Comment

waiting for your response for Tijuana visa experience
              Hello Kumar,

I got my Visa approved today and was told to pick up my visa tomorrow at 2PM.

Mine is 2nd renewal but still there was lot of scrutiny I think because of the new changes. My VO has to verify a lot of stuff and finally asked me many questions pertaining to my company and their practices.
              He glanced at my W2 and noted that pay is more consistent across years.
              He asked if I had any lapses between employments or ever had to sit on 'Bench'
              If my company treats me better or if there are any issues
              Where was I working past year ( because I shifted 3 different clients). He didn't bother inquiring about clients or why these many changes but only asked me the dates ( because for all of the changes I filed H1 amendments) and satisfied with my answers.
              He checked my Approved 140 as this is my 8th year on H1b and that is the only supporting document he asked other than glancing at my w2s.
              Didn't ask about client letter (EVC) concept or anything.
              Behaved really professional and asked only the needed and concerned questions.
              Yes my interview lasted for 47mts as I was watching a clock right above me but most of this time he was busy searching and getting all my data.
              He even asked my spouse name and verified though she wasn't with me.
              Finally told me my visa is approved and again kept me for another 5 mts inputting more into computer and answering more and more questions. Actually he is also tired of those questionnaire that comes up in his computer that he has to mandatory fill.

I forgot about filling DS160 and filled it only 24 hours before may be that delayed I don't I didn't ask.

ANyway here is my itenary.
              Started at the border at 11am.
              Lodged in Holiday Inn of Tijuana by 11:30
              They accommodated my early check in ( regular time 3PM).
              Went to ASC for my 1PM appointment. ASC is different location and away from us consulate. Successfully finished the finger printing. The bugger there told me they will give visa the same day thats not true.
              Came back to hotel and left for visa interview this morning by 9:20. My interview is scheduled for 10AM but they let me in anyway.
              After initial screening at the entrance security screening and then will be asked to enter the 2nd building where the vos will be.
              First asked at a counter where they code something on my ds 160 and I797.
              Then will ask to join another line to verify the finger prints.
              Then will be called for the actual interview.
              As times have changed now any interview will last for at least 15 mts. Mine took even more.

Came back to my hotel and am waiting to pick up my visa tomorrow and travel back to LA.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bphanisarma View Post
                Hello Kumar,

I got my Visa approved today and was told to pick up my visa tomorrow at 2PM.

Mine is 2nd renewal but still there was lot of scrutiny I think because of the new changes. My VO has to verify a lot of stuff and finally asked me many questions pertaining to my company and their practices.
                He glanced at my W2 and noted that pay is more consistent across years.
                He asked if I had any lapses between employments or ever had to sit on 'Bench'
                If my company treats me better or if there are any issues
                Where was I working past year ( because I shifted 3 different clients). He didn't bother inquiring about clients or why these many changes but only asked me the dates ( because for all of the changes I filed H1 amendments) and satisfied with my answers.
                He checked my Approved 140 as this is my 8th year on H1b and that is the only supporting document he asked other than glancing at my w2s.
                Didn't ask about client letter (EVC) concept or anything.
                Behaved really professional and asked only the needed and concerned questions.
                Yes my interview lasted for 47mts as I was watching a clock right above me but most of this time he was busy searching and getting all my data.
                He even asked my spouse name and verified though she wasn't with me.
                Finally told me my visa is approved and again kept me for another 5 mts inputting more into computer and answering more and more questions. Actually he is also tired of those questionnaire that comes up in his computer that he has to mandatory fill.

I forgot about filling DS160 and filled it only 24 hours before may be that delayed I don't I didn't ask.

ANyway here is my itenary.
                Started at the border at 11am.
                Lodged in Holiday Inn of Tijuana by 11:30
                They accommodated my early check in ( regular time 3PM).
                Went to ASC for my 1PM appointment. ASC is different location and away from us consulate. Successfully finished the finger printing. The bugger there told me they will give visa the same day thats not true.
                Came back to hotel and left for visa interview this morning by 9:20. My interview is scheduled for 10AM but they let me in anyway.
                After initial screening at the entrance security screening and then will be asked to enter the 2nd building where the vos will be.
                First asked at a counter where they code something on my ds 160 and I797.
                Then will ask to join another line to verify the finger prints.
                Then will be called for the actual interview.
                As times have changed now any interview will last for at least 15 mts. Mine took even more.

Came back to my hotel and am waiting to pick up my visa tomorrow and travel back to LA.

Thanks
                Congrats ... thanks for the info really appreciate ....my appointment date is on May 6th going from LA .....

Comment

H1-B Stamping

Hi Kumar,

Can you please share your experience in Tijuana, as I am planning to H1-B stamping interview in Tijuana in June

Thank You,
                  Mallav

Comment

Congrats ... thanks for the info really appreciate ....my appointment date is on May 6th going from LA .....
                    Hi Kumar,

Could you share your experience about your Visa apt on May 6th?

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X