Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare / Strange Query regarding I94

Hi,
    I have a Rare/Strange query regarding I94. I was working for employer A and got my Visa stamped in Dec 2011 which is valid till May 2014. Then I switched my job and got my I-797 approved till Jan 2015. Last month I travelled to India but didnt show the latest Approval notice to the POE officer, so he issued me I-94 till May 2014. After checking with my Immigration department they said that I should have showed the latest approval notice to the POE officer so that he could have given me the I-94 till Jan 2015.

My question is.
    1) Is it true? If my visa is stamped only till May 2014 how can he give me the I-94 till Jan 2015? Can he?
    2) How do I correct it?

Appreciate your help...

Thanks,
    Rahul

Originally posted by MrBond View Post
    Hi,
    I have a Rare/Strange query regarding I94. I was working for employer A and got my Visa stamped in Dec 2011 which is valid till May 2014. Then I switched my job and got my I-797 approved till Jan 2015. Last month I travelled to India but didnt show the latest Approval notice to the POE officer, so he issued me I-94 till May 2014. After checking with my Immigration department they said that I should have showed the latest approval notice to the POE officer so that he could have given me the I-94 till Jan 2015.

My question is.
    1) Is it true? If my visa is stamped only till May 2014 how can he give me the I-94 till Jan 2015? Can he?
    2) How do I correct it?

Appreciate your help...

Thanks,
    Rahul
    This is quite common when one is not careful.
    1. Yes
    2. File extension request. Since your I94 is expiring in May 2014 the earliest you can file extension request is Nov 2013. Or you can leave US and re enter and not repeat the same mistake.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Extension Request?

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      This is quite common when one is not careful.
      1. Yes
      2. File extension request. Since your I94 is expiring in May 2014 the earliest you can file extension request is Nov 2013. Or you can leave US and re enter and not repeat the same mistake.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Thanks Raghvi for your prompt reply.

Extension Request? Do you mean H1B extension request or is there something called as I94 extension request? I mean do I need another I797?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X