Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currently on L1A. Want to know about H1 Transfer

Hi,

Currently I am on L1A. I've applied for H1B thru some company, A. But I got an offer as an employee in company, B where I am contracting.

I would like to know if I can transfer my H1B from company A to B without even joining company A? Company is willing to transfer the H1B.

Any information is highly appreciated.

You cannot transfer from L to H visa. The new employer will have to file a fresh H1b petition for you, it will be bound by cap.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

How quickly one can transfer H1B???

Hi,

No, I am not talking about L1 to H1. I am very much talking about H1B to H1B. I've applied H1B thru company A. But company B wants me as an employee. So, I want to know if I can transfer H1B from Company A to B without even joining Company A.

My current status is L1A.

Comment

Originally posted by veena_swsh
        You cannot transfer from L to H visa. The new employer will have to file a fresh H1b petition for you, it will be bound by cap.
        Hi Veena,

I don't want a transfer from L to H. My question is - how quickly can we transfer H1? Is it really required to join company A before applying for transfer to company B?

Comment

Hi,
          You need pay stubs from Co.A to file a transfer of H1b from Co.A to Co.B. I am not sure how you can get H1b transferred to Co.B even without working for Co.A. Consult an immig. attorney in the US.
          VEENA
          (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

I think, you can trasnfer from A to B within 30-days of entry into US or within 30 days since the approval date, without paystub. Anyway, this is NOT an legal advice and please refer to Attorney.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X