Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS156 one more question

sorry to write again in this regard.

i have currently rewsigned form my present company after i received this offer from usa. what shud i write in the ds 156 form where it asks for "Present Occuption" and "Present employer address" . can i write the US employer's address and name who have opffered me a job or shu di write my past employer's address. i hav ot go for the visa interview.

Hi,
    If you are not employed at the moment, you should put " not employed" and the anme of the employer as nil
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

but is itnot true that the us employer now becomes my present employer. i am only askin this again, becoz writing "not employed" might create a negative impression. at the same time, i dont want to sound misleading while filling out th forms.

need ur advice....

Comment

You can put the present employers name only if you have already joined him and started working for him. Till such time he is not your employer. And even assuming that he is your employer, it does not make sense if the employer and the employed are at different places.
        It is always better that you hold on to your present job till you get your visa if you do not want to give a negative impression.
        VEENA
        (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

hi veena

thx for the prompt reply.

ii have resigned now. what can i do during the visa interview so that it does not look negative. how can i go about convincing the officer regarding this issue. now that i dont have an employer, what cud be the best possible way out.

thx for ur input.

Comment

Hi,
            You can create an impression with your presentation of the case at the interview. Go with good documentation and confidence to answer all questions regarding your qualification/experience and your employer in a very convincing way.
            All the best.
            VEENA
            (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X