Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B to H1B change of Status

Hi,
    I am in US on L1B visa & my L1B visa is valid till Nov-2013, my existing employer have filed my L1B to H1B (I am not sure but it should be L1B to H1B change of Status) in this year quota and I am waiting for lottery result.
    Now due to some problem I will have to travel back to India in June-2013.
    My question is that –
    1) How this travel effect my L1B to H1B COS?
    2) On immihelp I have read that my COS will be void if I travel outside of US , is that true?
    3) Does it mean if I travel outside of US in my L1B to H1B COS period, I will not be eligible for this year H1B visa?

Originally posted by Vicky1978 View Post
    Hi,
    I am in US on L1B visa & my L1B visa is valid till Nov-2013, my existing employer have filed my L1B to H1B (I am not sure but it should be L1B to H1B change of Status) in this year quota and I am waiting for lottery result.
    Now due to some problem I will have to travel back to India in June-2013.
    My question is that –
    1) How this travel effect my L1B to H1B COS?
    2) On immihelp I have read that my COS will be void if I travel outside of US , is that true?
    3) Does it mean if I travel outside of US in my L1B to H1B COS period, I will not be eligible for this year H1B visa?
    1. COS is considered abandoned/not required when on travels outside US after applying for a COS.
    2. Yes
    3. If lottery results in positive then you are cap exempt but you would have to file a L1 to h1 COS again after re entering.

As a side note, it might be a good idea to check with your employer/lawyer regarding the H1 receipt as I believe, most, if not all, of the advance degree, premium processing and regular processing folks have already received their receipts.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. COS is considered abandoned/not required when on travels outside US after applying for a COS.
      2. Yes
      3. If lottery results in positive then you are cap exempt but you would have to file a L1 to h1 COS again after re entering.

As a side note, it might be a good idea to check with your employer/lawyer regarding the H1 receipt as I believe, most, if not all, of the advance degree, premium processing and regular processing folks have already received their receipts.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Thanks a lot raghvi!!!

as you said "If lottery results in positive then you are cap exempt but you would have to file a L1 to h1 COS again after re entering" what the meaning of "CAP EXEMPT" ?does it mean that I am not those 65000 Application ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X