Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b & h4b visa extension

Hi,

I am from India and I have my visa valid till 15th September 2013. I am going to US by June 2013 and will be applying for extension from USA.
    My spouse too has her h4 visa valid till 15th sep 2013. But she has never come to US and will not be coming until my extension is approved.
    I also have a new born baby who will need a visa to come along with my spouse.

Assumption: If my extension is approved, it means my i94 is extended but not my visa. visa and approval for work are 2 different things.

Question #1: For my new born baby, does my wife need to take for stamping or is there a concept called drop box?
    Question #2: What needs to be done for my wife's visa from being in India? Should she attend a new visa / stamping or same as drop box?
    Question #3: If i come to India after extension approval, do i need to go for visa stamping as my visa is expired and only my I94 gets extended during approval for extension.

Any help here is much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Originally posted by darkprince View Post
    Hi,

I am from India and I have my visa valid till 15th September 2013. I am going to US by June 2013 and will be applying for extension from USA.
    My spouse too has her h4 visa valid till 15th sep 2013. But she has never come to US and will not be coming until my extension is approved.
    I also have a new born baby who will need a visa to come along with my spouse.

Assumption: If my extension is approved, it means my i94 is extended but not my visa. visa and approval for work are 2 different things.

Question #1: For my new born baby, does my wife need to take for stamping or is there a concept called drop box? -- If only your child is applying there is no need for interview for children.
    Question #2: What needs to be done for my wife's visa from being in India? Should she attend a new visa / stamping or same as drop box? -- If she is traveling before her Visa expires, she will not need to apply for Visa.
    Question #3: If i come to India after extension approval, do i need to go for visa stamping as my visa is expired and only my I94 gets extended during approval for extension. -- Yes.

Any help here is much appreciated.

Thanks!!
    See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X