Got paychecks from two employers for April 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got paychecks from two employers for April 2013

Hi...I am on H1b and was with Company A and joined company B in April 1st week after they filed my H1 Transfer and got paid by them for the 3+ weeks in April and my transfer was approved last week. I told my previous employer (company A) that I joined B and asked them to run payroll only for the 1 week in April. I just came to know that company A ran the payroll for the entire month. What do I do now? Is there a way to cancel the paycheck from company A? I don't have any intentions to join A again. Is it ok to get paid by 2 employers on H1B visa? Please advise....Thanks in advance for the help...

Gather evidence that you did not actually work for two employers at the same time. Such as timesheets, letter from previous company regarding your last day at work etc. and you should be fine.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      Gather evidence that you did not actually work for two employers at the same time. Such as timesheets, letter from previous company regarding your last day at work etc. and you should be fine.
      Okay, thanks. So I need not cancel the paycheck from my old employer?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X