Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Know Status of H1 B

Hi Experts

I have H1B from my previous employer. I heard while leaving any organization ( in India) they cancel H1B by sending mails to USCIS. I have my petition papers with me.

How can I know whether my H1B is still valid and transferable to other employers ? Any website or links for that?

Thanks in advance!
    Aniket

It does not matter if the previous employer has withdrawn their petition. You are still eligible for a cap-exempt petition no matter what, for a period of 6 years after the previous petition expired.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks. But my question is if they have not withdrawn their petition , Can my VISA be transferred to other employers? How can I know whether they have withdrawn or not their petition?

Aniket

Comment

How to Know Status of H1 B

Yes..You can still transfer (Technically there is no such thing to transfer from ur current employer to new employer. It's just that your new employer will apply for a new petition with Cap exempt using the old approval petition. So that you don't have to wait for a whole one year to get this done) to your néw employer and can travel using the current visa if your travel date before the expiry date on your stamped visa on the passport.

Hope this helps.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X