Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa stamping and passport expiry

Hi all,
    I have a medical emergency for which I am required to go to India in 2-3 days. My current visa stamp has expired and I will be setting up a visa appointment at Mumbai consulate.

My current H1B is valid from Feb 2013 to Feb 2016. However my passport is only valid till April 2014 - about 10 months from now and 10 months from the potential visa appointment date.

My question is would this be an issue? I am confused by the wording and some of the phrasing around this requirement - I have read online that your passport must be valid for 6 months beyond your intended stay. My intended stay is till feb 2016....and my passport is not valid till then. But I have also read other forum posts from which it seems like they want the passport to be valid for 6 months from the visa stamping date or date of re-entry into US.

Can someone share any recent examples? I unfortunately do not have time to renew my passport here in the US.

Appreciate a quick response. Thank you.

Similar situation

Originally posted by alsamant View Post
    Hi all,
    I have a medical emergency for which I am required to go to India in 2-3 days. My current visa stamp has expired and I will be setting up a visa appointment at Mumbai consulate.

My current H1B is valid from Feb 2013 to Feb 2016. However my passport is only valid till April 2014 - about 10 months from now and 10 months from the potential visa appointment date.

My question is would this be an issue? I am confused by the wording and some of the phrasing around this requirement - I have read online that your passport must be valid for 6 months beyond your intended stay. My intended stay is till feb 2016....and my passport is not valid till then. But I have also read other forum posts from which it seems like they want the passport to be valid for 6 months from the visa stamping date or date of re-entry into US.

Can someone share any recent examples? I unfortunately do not have time to renew my passport here in the US.

Appreciate a quick response. Thank you.
    Hey,

Hope everything was fine with your stamping, I'm also in similar situation.

can you please what happen to your stamping and how did you manage with passport expiry?

Thanks lot.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X