Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 - 221(g)

Hi,
    My 2 1/2 yr old son went to India in feb 2005 and is staying with my parents. My wife and myself are on H1B and in the US at present. Our Visas have expired in March 2005. We were planning to bring our son back to USA and my parents took him to chennai consulate for his H4 visa revalidation. They have rejected him because either of the parents must be present at the time of interview. We sent Notarised No Objection letter but still he was rejected. My question is since he has received a 221(g) saying "atleast one of the parents must be appear with the child other parent should either be present or send an No objection letter".....what is the maximum time before which he can re-appear for interview without taking a new appointment. As both my wife or myself cannot go immediately...is there a restriction that my son should appear for the interview with in a months time?

Any help appreciated.

Hi,
    There is no such time frame for reappearance. However from experieces of some people I understand that the consulate keeps track of the time period. So the sooner, the better. However, those were 221(g) issued for the production of documents. In your case I think there might be an exception.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

H4-221(g)

Thanks Veena.

Since my visa has also expired and the consulate is insisting that either of the
      parents should be present. I have booked an interview for first week of September under Emergency Quota at chennai for my H1B visa revalidation. Will they object to my booking the interview under emergency quota.
      I will be returning back to US the following week.

I had booked under emergency quota for the following reason:
      Returning Temporary worker who was previously on H1B and has valid I797 and I129. and needs to revaildate his H1b Visa.

I am in the US since march 2003 and I have all the payslips and W2's since March 2003.

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Hi,
        I am glad that they were able to provide you an emergency appointment.

All the Best
        VEENA
        (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

same situation

hi raj

i got same problem yester when my daughter attend the embassy they rejected, our visa expired on august 8th 2005, i have i-797, i-129, new approval until december 2006 and my i-140 is on the way . so please can u help me how can i get emergency appointment for my wife, i am planning to send her to attend the interview with my daughter. when i called chennai they say because of her visa expired she need to attend first then take daughter to interview. so please send any information regarding oppointment. to my email id [email protected] i will appreciate for your help.

thanks
          srini

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X