Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 VISA Question Please help......

Dear Friends,
    I am going to india to marry my fiancee this december and want to get her back to US on H-4 VISA. she was on F1 VISA from SEP 2001 to JAN 2005 and she is on H1B since Jan 2005 and she left to India on 2nd August 2005 as her father expired. She is on bench since this January and has no pay checks during her H1B status. I want to go in December and want to marry her and get her back on H4. I have all the supporting documents that are needed for applying H4 VISA.

1.If she goes to the consulate for H4 stamping will they ask her about her previous paystubs during her H1B status?
    2.she has only a copy of I-797 approval notice as her employer didnt give her the original I-797 certificate. is Original I-797 required if she goes for H4 interview?
    3.is H4 VISA solely dependent on H1B holder?

do please kindly advice me . I highly appreciate your kind help. I will be waiting for your answer.

Regards
    Pavan

Hi,
    There is every possiblity that they can question on her H4. But if she wants to go on H4 and forgo her H1b, more emphasis will be on your job, income,taxes, etc.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Hi Veena,
      Thank you verymuch for your prompt reply. Yes I want to marry her and get her on H4 . so does it need to do anything with her previous H1B status or they check only my status and docs. please do send your advice.

Thanks
      pavan

Comment

Hi,
        She can be questioned on her H1. It is the discretion of the Visa Officer. Let her carry whatever proof she has of her H1. But work towards making her H4 paper work good.

All the best.
        VEENA
        (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X