Change of job and H4 Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of job and H4 Visa

I'm currently (in US) on H1B for Company A. My wife is in India and has applied for her H4 visa. Her application form has Company A's name on it. Her interview is scheduled on Sept 23rd 2005 at the US consulate in Mumbai. No problem so far. Now, I have received an offer from Company B and would like to move to Company B. The visa transfer process has already started. The problem is: what documents should my wife show to the visa officers? Company A's or Company B's? The photocopy of my passport that we submitted along with the application has Company A's stamp on it. What is the best possible way to handle such a situation? Please advise appropriately as i do not want her visa to get rejected. Would it be safe to just keep Company A's documents? Please note that even though i'll be in a position to send her Company B's visa approval forms, i won't be able to get a single paystub from Company B. Thanks a lot for your informative answer. -Pranav.

Hi,
    Legally, you should get Co.b H1b stamping. You will however be able to travel on the previous visa if it has not yet expired without any hassles. If you choose to send them for the stamping, make sure that the other documents are there and your wife is able to handle the questions.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

No, i don't want to travel anywhere. I am more concerned about my wife's H4 visa. Yes, i will be sending her Company B's documents that she can show to the consular officer and explain him/her that i have changed jobs. Is that going to be a problem, a criterion for rejection? Is a photocopy of my passport with *Company B's stamp required*? Should i cancel the previous application and re-apply with Company B's papers? Please advise.

Comment

Hi,
        The stamping on your passport for Co.B H1b is not mandatory for your wife's H4 stamping. She can fill in the details of Co.B H1b in the DS 156 which she will be carrying for the interview. You do not have to reapply. Your wife should mention this change of Co. since the appointment was made, at the time of the interview.
        VEENA
        (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X