Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1-B Stamping in India or Canada based on I-140 approval?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B Stamping in India or Canada based on I-140 approval?

I recently got the approval for a 3 year H1-B extension based on my I-140 approval. The current H1-B visa stamping on my passport has expired and since I am planning an India trip later this year, I have been receiving conflicting opinions from my desi colleagues. Some have suggested that I get the stamping done in Canada prior to visiting India stating that H1-B stamping in India is a complicated and long drawn process. Others are of the opinion that H1-B stamping in India should be quite safe since I have the I-140 approval. My wife would also be getting her H1-B visa stamping along with me. We would be visiting the Mumbai office if we choose the Stamping in India option.
    Background: We both work as consultants - my client is a Government agency (3 years plus) while she works for a Fortune 100 client (almost 2 years).
    The question I have to ask of you gurus is which is a safer alternative - India or Canada - for H1-B stamping? Any guidance in this regard would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
    K

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X