Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Stamping Issue at Mumbai Consulate

All,

I would like to share experience here. My husband went to Mumbai consulate on 16 may 2013 for his H1 stamping ( since his earlier H1 stamp was expired ) , with our daughter's documents required for her H4 stamping. Officer was pretty confused but okked for husband's visa, said its approved BUT returned back daughter's passport. Till he figure it out about her passport ,lost the chance to ask officer since he called next number. Also he never explained any reason for denial nor any letter given at the same time. The other respective people from embassy said if passport is given back ,means its denial and follow up with support center. Since then we escalated case and was waiting almost 8 days to get response. Last friday 24 may they responded and asked to resubmit the documents with her pasport at mumbai OFC location. My husband he went today 28 may and asked him to get drop box confirmation page. First of all they never mentioned this page in their email nor they told over the support phone when I called them to confirm the documents. To get this drop box, he again went thru schedule appointment process from his profile on ustraveldocs.com and was stuck where it asks for MRV receipt number. When I called support line to check for same they answered , its being deactivated since for daughter it was never processed. Now we are waiting on recipt number to get activated so that he can submit the documents. When I learnt daughter's intvw was never processed, it was frustrating since becoz of the officer's mistake we need to go thru all this. Anyone knows how long it takes to activate receipt number which was deactivated and after submitting docs when visa will be issued ?
    Last edited by trupti; 05-28-2013, 06:52 PM.

Was the daughter added to the appointment? Did she accompany him to the interview? Did you pay application fees and fill the application (DS160) for her?
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X