H1 Transfer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer Question

Hi - I was working for company W and resigned after company H filed me the H1 Transfer. My separation with Company W is complete (I initiated the separation after I received the e-receipt for my H1 Transfer by company H). My joining date is today (29 Mar). But there was an RFE for my transfer and the company H's HR are asking me to hold on the joining process.

I have following questions,

1. Will I be out of status if I dont join Company H immediately. My last working day with my previous company was May 24. How much time I have before I should have joined the new company?
    2. What if the H1 Transfer gets denied and Can I still join another company, if I could find a job immediately.
    3. What are the options I have now?

Please help me understanding the options I have now and I have to act fast before it is too late.

Thanks
    Karthik.

Originally posted by Karthik1983 View Post
    Hi - I was working for company W and resigned after company H filed me the H1 Transfer. My separation with Company W is complete (I initiated the separation after I received the e-receipt for my H1 Transfer by company H). My joining date is today (29 Mar). But there was an RFE for my transfer and the company H's HR are asking me to hold on the joining process.

I have following questions,

1. Will I be out of status if I dont join Company H immediately. My last working day with my previous company was May 24. How much time I have before I should have joined the new company?
    2. What if the H1 Transfer gets denied and Can I still join another company, if I could find a job immediately.
    3. What are the options I have now?

Please help me understanding the options I have now and I have to act fast before it is too late.

Thanks
    Karthik.
    This is the reason its always recommended to resign after getting transfer approved rather than on the basis of receipt. Technically if you are on H1 and not getting paid you are out of status. So from May 24th onwards till H starts running your payroll you would be out of status. Ask company H1 to expedite the transfer by responding to the RFE immediately and upgrading it to premium.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X