Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B in IT for Business Major

Hello,

I am a Business major from India. I have done BBA which is a three year bachelors course. After that I got married and came to the US on H4. I have been here for the last 3 years and considering the rate at which green cards are being issued it seems like I will be on H4 for a long long time. I would like to apply for some job and get an H1 on my own. What are my options? I have the following questions.
    1. If I take up a Business Analyst course and learn everythign about Business Analysis can I get a job?
    2. If I get a job will there be any issues while applying for my H1B because my education is not in the same field as my work and also that I have only 3 years of education.
    3. What are my job and H1 prospects if I learn some programming language or some ETL tool?
    4. Are there any other fields, other than IT or engineering that I can get a job in where my employer can sponsor an H1 for me.

I am sorry if this is a repeat question, but I tried to go through the threads and could not find the answer to my questions. If this question has already been answered please post a link to the thread.

Thanks a lot in advance for your replies!

Originally posted by lonewarrior View Post
    Hello,

I am a Business major from India. I have done BBA which is a three year bachelors course. After that I got married and came to the US on H4. I have been here for the last 3 years and considering the rate at which green cards are being issued it seems like I will be on H4 for a long long time. I would like to apply for some job and get an H1 on my own. What are my options? I have the following questions.
    1. If I take up a Business Analyst course and learn everythign about Business Analysis can I get a job?
    2. If I get a job will there be any issues while applying for my H1B because my education is not in the same field as my work and also that I have only 3 years of education.
    3. What are my job and H1 prospects if I learn some programming language or some ETL tool?
    4. Are there any other fields, other than IT or engineering that I can get a job in where my employer can sponsor an H1 for me.

I am sorry if this is a repeat question, but I tried to go through the threads and could not find the answer to my questions. If this question has already been answered please post a link to the thread.

Thanks a lot in advance for your replies!
    H1 for this year is over, The earliest you can get on to a new H1 is October 2014.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Moreover you need a 4 year Bachelor's degree.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
        H1 for this year is over, The earliest you can get on to a new H1 is October 2014.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Yeah, I am aware that H1 for this year is complete. My question was, is it possible to get a job where someone can sponsor my H1 in IT field. Is having a 4 year education a must. Is there some way i can get around it, say by applying for a masters degree in some community college that give admission with 3 yrs education. I know such universities exist.

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X