Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 extension

Hi,

I had my H1 stamped from my old employer till Sep 2013 and I recently changed my job. I went to India on my old visa and did not go for stamping for new employer.
    At the port of entry the CBP officer issued me I-94(online) only for the duration of my visa. I showed him my new I-797 but he said my employer has to apply to get new I-94.
    Now I have my I-94 valid only till Sep 2013 but I have I-797 approved till Feb 2016. I requested my company's attorney to file for my I-94 extension using form I-129.
    But they are saying that its a very big issue. There is nothing called I-94 extension and they have to file for whole new H1B extension and it involves significant cost in that.

Not sure what to do in this situation.

Please advice.

Thanks

First, go to a CBP deferred inspection site at a nearby International airport. They may extend your I-94.

If that does not work, try to ask your company to file an amendment (not an extension). That probably costs less than the full petition.

If they don't agree to that, leave the US again and come back with a new Visa.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X